well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Jane Fonda, on Getting Arrested

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jane Fonda, on Getting Arrested
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Under a DA appointed by the current administration, I suspect they'd throw the entire book at her just to give the base a few yah yahs of pleasure.

Edit: AG, not DA. Does the Trump administration have any role in DC justice? Or does Congress appoint?

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Under a DA appointed by the current administration, I suspect they'd throw the entire book at her just to give the base a few yah yahs of pleasure.

Edit: AG, not DA. Does the Trump administration have any role in DC justice? Or does Congress appoint?

I do not know the answer. Congress has a greater-than-normal input into DC's operations, but I expect that the DA is either elected or appointed by the mayor or the city council.

That said, I imagine that there's a federal element, if she's being arrested by the Capitol police.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thought Ted Danson was very right wing.
Surprised to see him demonstrating.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Oh gosh, no. Danson is anything but right wing. If I recall correctly he was big in the anti-nuke protests of days past.

That said, as much as Fonda has a right to do as she will, I think she kind of used up her lifetime supply of standard bearer for causes. Just her presence brings up too many memories and emotions for a lot of people, even though I think she was cynically used as a young person.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post