well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    November Decor of the Month

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November Decor of the Month
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I have never really been a fan of Halloween..

It creeps me out...I did love making costumes for my kids but the themes were limited..One year we did literary characters (the Hobbit was one, another year the whole neighborhood organized and all the kids from our street were Star Wars characters) ..but no blood and guts..

I did love the construction of the costumes but after that..meh..

My new house (I have been here nearly 4 years!!) gets 350 trick or treaters..I need to call in reinforcements and Costco sized bags of candy...Is that fun? Meh.

Winner is the one with the most convincing argument that Halloween is fun...pics will help.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Trick-or-treating is a bad influence on kids -- not only it promotes an unhealthy diet, it also encourages kids to trespass, terrorize and extort; even those who do not extort resort to pan-handling, expecting something to be given to them without work, a sure recipe to promote the welfare entitlement mentality. All you people who give out candies cave under such extortion and pan-handling just screw up the kids' diet and moral compass -- shame on you! Trick-or-treating should be banned everywhere forever. VeryAngry

Look at the kid on the right. Halloween spoiled her teeth too! Mad

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12679 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Ax is gonna run the table with that entry. Not sure any of the rest of us should even bother. Smiler

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Evil

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Come folks, I am about to do the Costco shopping in the next week or so...Need to buy 350 pieces of candy..That is what I have been getting at my new city site even thought hours are limited to 2!!!

Convince me this is fun? Blink

MillCityGrows.org

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Ax is gonna run the table with that entry. Not sure any of the rest of us should even bother. Smiler

Yep. I give up.

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I love Pyle's Strange Beings!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18311 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Halloween may be more fun (or at least more interesting!) when this happens????

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new...ersey-564000051.html

Posts: 4389 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Are we having fun yet?

Posts: 24638 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I had plans to take a long dinner at a swanky restaurant where both Middle and Shorty work during the 2 hours of city ToT.

However, today, due to weather conditions....ToT has been moved to Friday night instead..The busiest night for the restaurant....Dang..

I go there on slow days as I get a meal that my kids have to serve me with manners and when there are not enough diners that I can have some time to visit..(There is another Mom who does the same thing just in case you think I am so Halloween scary! Razzer )

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Welp Halloween is here and still I am not into it...

I am awarding the prize to Axtremus, those kids are cute..though I did come across the very same stock photo while doing some graphic work at the office...Scary!!

Still didn't convince me to buy candy for 350 of them..I am going out to dinner!

Ax, email your photo and color suggestions to MattG.

Happy Halloween??? Blink

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Thank you, thank you very much!
Now traveling, but should be able to get the picture and color suggestions over to Matt by Monday.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12679 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Smiler

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A bit late, but my offering for why Halloween is fun...and a spirit-lifter...

https://www.abc4.com/news/digi...ng-empty-candy-bowl/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37749 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post