well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    They got married!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They got married!
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
Our daughter and her fiance had destination wedding plans for August 14th - their shared birthday. Covid got in the way of those plans, but they decided a few weeks ago to make it happen near their current location.

It was delightful - the weather cooperated - the forecast was calling for rain yesterday, but we had a great mix of sun and clouds. We shared it with family and friends from an overlook in the Georgia mountains near where they are renting a remote cabin during this portion of the pandemic. The video should still be available - be aware we started it early, so the ceremony starts about 15 minutes after the video begins streaming.

https://www.meganandbogumil.com/

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Happy for you, and best wishes to them!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

Posts: 24711 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov! You can only wait so long. Reminds me of my parents' generation which produced so many courthouse marriages right after WWII ended.

Only nowadays, thanks to ZOOM, a dream wedding can be shared with one and all without even having to feed the crowd.

I guess the only casualty is the wedding gifts!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Congratulations!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Rob, I’m so sorry that they weren’t able to do it the way they originally planned, but I hope this joyful day will live in their hearts, and yours, as perfect in every way.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
And what a wonderfully done wedding site, featuring incredibly beautiful people in glorious settings.

They certainly seem well matched, and after six years of shared adventure, they must surely know it to the bottom of their hearts!

(Why are there no heart emoticons??)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the young couple. Every wedding is a story. This one will be memorable!

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mazel tov!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What a spectacular setting. Loved reading their story! Congratulations!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So happy for them! What a great, uplifting story in these difficult times...

happydance

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and best wishes. It was a lovely wedding ceremony at a marvelous location. I especially enjoyed seeing the two hawks that circled in the background during the ceremony. It seemed auspicious to me.

The Appalachian Mountains are among my favorite places on earth and I really like the long vistas such as they chose for the wedding. I have one child who lives north of Atlanta and another in North Carolina and two of my children went to college in the south (Georgia Tech and Florida Atlantic U.) so I've had occasion to travel through the Blue Ridge, Great Smokies and surrounding mountain ranges many times. It never gets old.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The hawks were a touch of magic - right as the officiant was talking about rings, the hawks came circling in to view. They have been to that spot many times and never seen hawks come so close!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post