well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I got my appointment!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got my appointment!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
am I the only unvaccinated person here?

Nope. But you might be the only person here who has said she won't get it when it becomes available to her. (Unless you've changed your mind?)

I'm waiting for my group, my uni is hoping they'll be able to coordinate for faculty, and hoping for an April timeline. We shall see.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Oregon just published dates for the next phases. I should be eligible no later than June 1. Now I don’t have to think about it for a while!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
am I the only unvaccinated person here?

Nope. But you might be the only person here who has said she won't get it when it becomes available to her. (Unless you've changed your mind?)

I'm waiting for my group, my uni is hoping they'll be able to coordinate for faculty, and hoping for an April timeline. We shall see.
I’m still watching and waiting. I’d like more information.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
There doesn't seem to be a way to quote a person's signature to comment, but I'll just say frontally that BeeLady's signature Frederick Douglass stunned me. Don't know when she added it, but I just noticed it, and- Wow!

quote:
"For it is not light
that is needed, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the
whirlwind, and the earthquake. The feeling of the nation must be quickened; the
conscience of the nation must be roused; the propriety of the nation must be startled; the
hypocrisy of the nation must be exposed; and its crimes against God and man must be
proclaimed and denounced." Frederick Douglass 1852

Such power and beauty. He must have been an incredibly stirring orator.
Thank you.

Oh, and slightly on-topic I'm getting shot #2 this Tuesday (a week delayed because of weather), and actually, I got a call this morning from them offering me a slot for tomorrow - at any time I chose! Mind, this is a half hour drive. Wonder what this means in terms of their logistics. (Did they suddenly score a batch of vaccine?)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Wow, am I the only unvaccinated person here?

No, the immunosupressed guy with the bilateral lung transplant is still waiting for Cuomo's friends to get through the queue. But he's not bitter.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your governor doesn't like you as much as Cuomo does. You'd have been eligible Jan 12 here.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:

No, the immunosupressed guy with the bilateral lung transplant is still waiting for Cuomo's friends to get through the queue.

Good G-d, Jon!
Heads should roll!
I'm so sorry.

Mad VeryAngry Curse

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Amanda - I am scheduled for this Thursday, so there's that.

But still, when I think of how many lives have been lost due to the politicization of the prioritization it makes me sick.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your governor doesn't like you as much as Cuomo does.

My governor is a piece of sh*t. (and not because vaccine availability)

quote:
when I think of how many lives have been lost due to the politicization of the prioritization it makes me sick.

Agreed.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:

As of right now, the timeline for me is September. They have done LTC workers and healthcare so far. They are beginning 80+ folks March 15. I am in the last eligible group (despite schools being reopened by the government during our province-wide lockdown). I’m annoyed.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I don't blame you for being annoyed, Dol. That's ridiculous.

Every state here is different, and has different rulesets. Example: Oklahoma requires one co-morbidity; Massachusetts requires two. Not to mention that different states are better or worse at distributing vaccine (NPR has a nice article showing exactly what percentage of the vaccine each state has received has made it into arms). And, add to that the fact that Native American tribes, which are somewhat sovereign, may have different rulesets than the state, and may or may not allow non-members to get vaccinated. This is of particular interest in our household, because Oklahoma puts university professors in stage 3, but the Chickasaw Nation puts them in stage 2, and is allowing outsiders to get vaccinated. So, guess who's getting vaccinated on Wednesday at a Chickasaw Nation clinic???

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Maine has just gone to a simple system based only on age. Healthcare workers were all in the first group before the priorities changed.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17665 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Cuomo is a POS and is now being exposed for his corruption. Good.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Your governor doesn't like you as much as Cuomo does.

My governor is a piece of sh*t. (and not because vaccine availability)

quote:
when I think of how many lives have been lost due to the politicization of the prioritization it makes me sick.

Agreed.

My governor doesn't like me, either. University and college educators were separated from K-12 educators and shifted to Phase 3. SK and I may be experiencing the red-state suspicion of higher education.

However, I have an appointment on Wednesday for a fairly Oklahoma-specific reason. As the former Indian Territory, we have tribal governments that are large, powerful, and independent of the state. The Chickasaw Nation is doing so well vaccinating its own people that it is opening appointments to others, as long as they meet certain criteria set by the tribe, not the state. The Chickasaws have included university educators in Phase 2, so I will happily be driving an hour each way to get the vaccination at one of their clinics. (And I will be donating to a tribal charity in gratitude.)

Jon's point about co-morbidities is absolutely correct. The Chickasaws list is only slightly expanded and it doesn't include people with comorbities. In contrast to New York and Oklahoma, Arizona gave some early consideration for co-morbidities. This business of varying from state to state (or tribe) is nuts.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Looks like they’ve opened Montana up to 60 and above starting next week, so both Steve and I qualify. You register in this county by going to the civic center ticket buying for concerts website, so I went to try but they are all out of COVID tickets, and the only thing you can purchase right now is tickets for Foreigner. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post