well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Show us your Christmas tree
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your Christmas tree
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Last year, with all the uncertainty of our house hunting, I was really not in the holiday spirit. Besides not doing thanksgiving, we didn't do any decorating at home (although we visited my mother and I did her tree). So this year I have really been looking forward to doing a Christmas tree here in the new house.

So let's have a thread for our Christmas trees! I'll start! Big Grin

My view from the bench:

The room:

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18373 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20430 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice.
Will try to get one set up with plastic carp
on it because the cat will knock it over. Nice
ornaments will break.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25689 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

Too early for me, won't put one up for two more weeks.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! How nice to be in your own place. It looks gorgeous.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

quote:
Too early for me, won't put one up for two more weeks.

BeeLady, tradition agrees with you! But when I do a tree, I have gotten into the habit of decorating the tree either the day before or the day after Thanksgiving, partly because that's when I have the most time to do it. Once Thanksgiving break ends, work explodes with final projects, writing final exams, grading final exams, grading final projects, as well as conference deadlines and other things. So if I waited until all that was over, I'd hardly get to enjoy it before it was time to take it down!

I do, however, always take my tree down by Jan. 6th, which is the feast of the epiphany. I always follow that custom, even though I'm not religious. Shrug

Posts: 18373 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We’re going to be in Ohio for Christmas this year and I think we’ll skip the whole decorating thing. I thought I’d miss it but now I’m pretty sure I won’t. Maybe I’ll dig out the antlers and red nose I put on the truck. Everyone seems to like it.

OTOH your tree, and the setting you’ve made for it, looks fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34877 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve!!

quote:
Maybe I’ll dig out the antlers and red nose I put on the truck.

Definitely!

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
SK, I love your view from the bench!

No tree for us. We stopped having real trees when the kids left home.

I used to have a little wire tree on the piano with my favorite ornaments, but the cats already think they can get on the piano, so I think I’ll pass on it this year.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thank you Adagio!! I've been working on some Christmas and winter-y tunes, which is much more fun with the current scenery!

This is an artificial tree by the way. I love live trees (esp the smell!),and that's what we always had when I was growing up. But this is much more economical and easy to care for, so we've never had a live tree.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
the last two years, in our new house, we cut a tree from our own property and decorated it. this is the first place we've lived where there was enough room for both a piano and a tree!

but last year i decided i don't want to do it again for a while. i held christmas open houses and did all the christmas stuff, but now i am tired of it. hoping to be out of the country for christmas this year (waiting on if we have a house sitter), and let the whole thing go away.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21310 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
After some comments, has me rethinking a tree..

I do host a party and my front porch is decorated now (modestly and covered in snow so no one can see it! Razzer )...

So I may just do a table top tree as I am traveling for the holiday.

On the flip side, my new work situation is more festive...so we are celebrating at the office and many young coworkers will come to my annual party..

A tree now seems so irrelevant. It is not so much about the tree but about the amazing people of all cultures..just sayin. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Mr Jodi and Jodi jr will cut a tree about 5 days before Christmas. I put a bunch of lights outside last year, but I think I won’t do that this time, much too busy with other stuff this year!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20430 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Mr Jodi and Jodi jr will cut a tree about 5 days before Christmas. I put a bunch of lights outside last year, but I think I won’t do that this time, much too busy with other stuff this year!

What a nice tradition.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 24674 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post