well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Show us your Christmas tree
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your Christmas tree
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Tree’s up! This is our little piano-top tree; it has a music theme on it; the trunk is wrapped with a ribbon score that says “Star of Wonder, star of Night, Star with Royal Beauty Bright.” It’s repeated around the base, too. We Three Kings!

The cats seem to be leaving it alone. I have some non-fragile ornaments on it, and I’ll see about adding more, now that I know that it’s not a temptation. Yet...

Is that Gromit? No cheese, Gromit! Not a bit in the house! Big Grin

I asked the same question over on Facebook! Spoiler alert: yes!

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Tree’s up! This is our little piano-top tree; it has a music theme on it; the trunk is wrapped with a ribbon score that says “Star of Wonder, star of Night, Star with Royal Beauty Bright.” It’s repeated around the base, too. We Three Kings!

The cats seem to be leaving it alone. I have some non-fragile ornaments on it, and I’ll see about adding more, now that I know that it’s not a temptation. Yet...

Is that Gromit? No cheese, Gromit! Not a bit in the house! Big Grin

We forgot the crackers! Wensleydale!

Gromit, yes! I knit him in 1996 or 1997. And his friend Wocket, who is a Frankenstein of a bear body and pirate rat head, both from a book by Debbie Bliss. I called him a mouse, for DS2 who loved mice and Redwall. The sweater is yarn to match toddler’s sweater at the time. Toddler is now almost 27...time flies!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love Wallace and Gromit. If you haven't also watched "Creature Comforts," I recommend it 1000%.

"I need my space." Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love Wallace and Gromit. If you haven't also watched "Creature Comforts," I recommend it 1000%.

"I need my space." Big Grin Big Grin

I have not seen that one, will look for it.

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Merry Klipschmas!

That is all the tree I want this year. lol

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I went from not decorating anything for the last couple of years to two trees and a bunch of knick-knacky tacky decorations! Let me 'splain...

I lost my Mom earlier this year, so it's a Christmas of transitions. She had dementia for a while and really hadn't been part of holiday celebrations for several years, but there is still the finality that her passing represents.

I felt like celebrating my childhood traditions by putting up a tree and all the ornaments that were part of my childhood. Just for me. Well, I'll share with you guys!

When I was at Home Depot a couple of days ago I found another small tree that was very lifelike and quite a bit nicer than the one I've had for years. So silly me, I bought it. But it's OK - It was half price!

I moved the tree I previously posted a pic of from the dining room to the front hall.

Old tree in new hallway location, partially decorated. That's Grandma's ornament on the top of the tree.

I have two more boxes of smaller ornaments still to put up.

The new tree in the dining room:

Close-ups of some of my favorite vintage ornaments:

This little "squirrel on an acorn" ornament was a surprise. It was sitting on top of all the other glass ornaments in the storage box but wasn't wrapped in tissue. I didn't recognize it and knew it wasn't one that I've had for years. After a while I remembered that I got it from my best friend last year when she was clearing out stuff in preparation for a cross-country move. I miss her a lot; the unexpected find was a lovely reminder of her friendship.

Getting ready to have our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, and all feels right with the world.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mark,! ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
WTG, those are beautiful!

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Love the ornaments shared

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, somehow I missed your pics, but I’m glad I saw them now. Lovely decorations and I think that’s a great thing to do for yourself in a Christmas of transitions. Merry Christmas to your and Mr. WTG, and to everyone here at WTF!!

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The pic is from 2012, but the tree and room are the same. FA few new ornaments, as each one is from something we did or something that was large in our lives at the time.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Love those lights Mik! And the colored lights make it very warm and cozy!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Thanks, SK. We found these pearlized globes probably 25 years ago and have stuck with them. The room it's in is a very bright coral color, so it needs to be bold to even stand out! But the stories of our lives are in the ornaments.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post