well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s for dinner?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s for dinner?
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted
Friday/Saturday edition, because it’s late.

Quinoa bowl with brussels sprouts, eggplant, tahini by pianomom2001, on Flickr

We had Quinoa bowls with brussels sprouts, eggplant, tahini. So good. Also, veggies were in our first Imperfect Produce box! Really happy with this new-to-us delivery service.

Recipe here.

So delicious!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
You make everything look so special...so delicious.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
For me, left over roast chicken. No complaints.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That bowl looks delicious.

Italian night at Chez Mik. We had Chicken Milanese with Roman Spinach. Turned out very well.

I made gnudi this week and they should be ready to cook tonight, so it'll be Italian Night Redux. Probably serve them with brown butter and sage leaves, with some grilled shrimp on top and a simple green salad with vinaigrette.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13529 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
You make everything look so special...so delicious.

Mr. AM knows to wait until the picture is taken! ROTFLMAO

You’re actually supposed to roast the sprouts and eggplant separately, for different times. I just mixed them all together and did a time average til they were done. Then realized I was suppposed to drizzle eggplant only with something but I drizzled it all and it was fine.

As my mom used to say, “It all gets mixed up in your stomach!”

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Pot roast. Plenty of time, doing it in the oven.

With "Little Creamer" potatoes. Have you tried these things? Yummy Yummy Yummy

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34875 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
We're doing a lot of cans and frozen stuff. It's like we've time-traveled back to the mid-twentieth century. We're being uber-careful, virus-wise, so I stopped my fresh veggie deliveries from the CSA. I can't get myself motivated to do much cooking without them. Ah, well, my garden will be generating fresh veggies before this is all over.

I do think I'll bestir myself to do something more special next week for Easter. We have some whole chickens in the freezer, so I can roast one, haul out one of my mother's mid-century casserole recipes, and bake a cake. Heck. I may bake some bread.

And speaking of processed food of our youth: I found some Hamburger Helper in the pantry. Do I know where it came from? No. Presuming it looks edible (and do such things ever truly go bad?), I'm making it tonight, with a side of canned green peas.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
There’s no evidence (so far) that it’s food borne, so we are keeping up with our delivered veggies and fruits. I feel safe if I’m cooking these items. I don’t know that I want to eat raw grapes any more. Apples can be washed, and things that are peeled are allowed to be eaten raw, too.

My house, my rules! Your mileage may vary.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm more worried about just handling something someone else has recently handled--the person who carried the bag I have to handle, the person who packed the food, the person who cooked the food.

We've been bringing packaged food into the house, which carries similar risks, but we've been washing the packaging in soapy water. You can wash veggies in soapy water, but I just decided to cut the risk since I'm the only one who eats them.

The garden is coming on, though bit by bit. I've eaten some radishes and a teeny bit of arugula and some onions. Lettuce, carrots, and peas are still a few weeks away, I think.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Homemade pizza for us tonight.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20430 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
All prepared stuff here. Been cooking a lot lately but got lazy tonight

I bought some individual packages of frozen wild salmon with a marinade at Costco on one of my last trips. Baked a couple of those fillets.

Plus a package of Tasty Bites Ancient Grains.

Plus a bag of organic mixed veggies from TJ's - green beans, corn, peas, and carrots. Enough left over of these to add to a Paneer Tikka Masala (another Costco buy) just to make it more interesting.

Very colorful and quite tasty!

Made chicken stock in the Instant Pot yesterday, so we'll have homemade chicken noodle soup tomorrow for lunch.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37830 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Gnudi were not ready yet so went with a pasta. Dang.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13529 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What the hell are gnudi?

Why do I feel like the straight man.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37830 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought a year's supply of non-perishables but all I seem to be eating is cheese and salmon (turns out it's awseome baked with gourmet mustard and soya sauce - all carb-free!)

The result of combining keto with not cooking much for myself. Treated myself to magret duck breast au poivre last week - lasted me many days, and was exquisite. I only mourned being unable to use any of the sweet touches and/or red wine most of the "real" recipes specify.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Lentil and spinach soup tonight, and a bagel not of my making. Going to try another bagel recipe tomorrow, just for fun.

Lentil and spinach soup by pianomom2001, on Flickr

Recipe here

This one’s a favorite at our house. Love Instant Pot soups!