well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not what I expected to see in my car

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not what I expected to see in my car
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted
So last time I took the car out, which happens two or three times a month tops these days, the passenger door made an odd creak when I opened it.

I thought, "Well, it's not seeing a lot of use," crawled behind the wheel, and ran my errands.

Today, I went out to get something and heard that creak. I also saw a stream of four or five wasps coming out.

Looking closer, I saw this. (I don't know why PostImages or the forum rotated the image. You're looking at the crack between my car door and body.)

That gray mass is a wasp's nest.

omg

I should probably take care of it myself, but I called an exterminator, because I have visions of other nests hiding inside other parts of the body and engine.

omg

Because I wanted to share this with y'all, I went out there again, just to take the horrifying picture.

omg

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I haven't found one in my car, which is directly next to yours.

Yet.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
HairRaising

Not the kind of excitement you need!

We've been trying to drive our car twice a week. Mr SK does the shopping and then on an odd day, we'll go for a drive. I'll tell Mr. SK to be on the lookout!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I had a huge one taken off my house last week. I’ve been meaning to post pictures.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post