well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bibi hedging his bets

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bibi hedging his bets
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday passed up an opportunity to knock Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, seemingly deflating President Donald Trump in the presence of reporters in the Oval Office.

The remarks from Netanyahu came on a phone call with Trump, as the American president announced that Sudan would become the third Middle Eastern state to normalize relations with Israel under an agreement brokered by the White House.

Addressing his foreign counterpart, who was on speakerphone, Trump asked Netanyahu: “Do you think Sleepy Joe could have made this deal, Bibi? Sleepy Joe? I think — do you think he would have made this deal somehow? I don’t think so.”

Netanyahu hesitated before offering a halting answer: “Well, Mr. President, one thing I can tell you is we appreciate the help for peace from anyone in America. And we appreciate what you’ve done enormously.”

The smile on the president’s face faded as he listened to the prime minister’s response. “Yeah,” Trump interjected, gesturing toward a member of the White House press corps to ask a question.

Netanyahu’s refusal to explicitly criticize Biden at Trump’s urging comes 11 days before Election Day in the United States, as virtually all public polling shows the president trailing his Democratic rival nationally and in key swing states.

https://www.politico.com/news/...mp-biden-call-431737

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Trump was a damn fool (as usual) to put a foreign leader in that position.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post