well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Second shot
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second shot
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
I had my second Pfizer shot a couple days ago.

Now I'm doing what I think any rational person would be doing-- I'm counting down two weeks.

Sitting in the waiting room for fifteen minutes was a pleasure. Then I got my vaccination card and went home to what seemed like a pretty normal day.

I have injection site and muscle pain through the shoulder, again. This should resolve in about two weeks. It seems like fortuitous timing. Fingers crossed.

I feel lucky to have been able to be vaccinated. Like all of you, I did my leg work to make it happen. I'm optimistic that more and more people will be vaccinated.

I'll let you know if I develop any other side effects.

Please let me say a personal few words about masks. I never leave home without wearing a KN95 mask made by Kiberly-Clark, and will continue to do this for the indefinite future.

I kind of look like a duck in my mask but I don't care. Lol.

Please do feel free to question me about anything I've posted. But make no mistake. I'm not against vaccinations nor masks. Smiler

Posts: 24642 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I just passed the 2 week wait a couple of days ago...

It really takes a mental readjustment to begin to undo the safety protocols that I've drilled into myself over the past year...

Still watching local numbers that are too high to relax just yet!

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Great news Daniel!

I get my second Moderna shot Monday.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Congrats!

I just passed the 2 week wait a couple of days ago...

It really takes a mental readjustment to begin to undo the safety protocols that I've drilled into myself over the past year...

Still watching local numbers that are too high to relax just yet!

Congrats for reaching this point!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
Great news Daniel!

I get my second Moderna shot Monday.

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
MarkJ and Daniel keep us posted!!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
My massage therapist is also fully vaccinated. I hadn't seen her in a year. (most piano techs have shoulder/arm issues that yoga and regular massage can really help)

I treated myself yesterday...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Good for you.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Daniel! You will feel so relieved!

We've had 2 vacs, and have been out to restaurants a few times. Feels like being human again.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13777 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I have the sore arm, I had an off day for the next day, and then I had severe fatigue for two days.

I'm grateful for having only these side effects. I still have some time until two weeks. Knock wood.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Today is the day, two weeks after my second shot. ThumbsUp

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Today is the day, two weeks after my second shot. ThumbsUp

Congratulations! My 2 weeks were up on Tuesday. Yesterday I went to play pitch ‘n’ putt golf and dinner (outside) with a group of fully vaccinated friends. It felt so...normal.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
In our house masks are like reading glasses, tape measures, and flashlights - they're pretty much everywhere including the cars. One day you can't find any, the next day they're in the way.

My loosely-defined plan is to keep wearing the masks until they are all gone. I may get better about wearing them only once to make it happen faster.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34834 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Well . . .

CDC says 60% of KN 95 masks are counterfeit. Gotta wonder if it makes sense to buy them, especially since they don’t get tested and certified like n95s do.

Cindy — still using a cloth mask that she washes every now and then

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I bought mine on Amazon. I assume they are real because Kiberly-Clark is a legitimate paper products company. This is assurance enough to me they're real. I look like some kind of Medieval masked person. I so don't care. I think it's a good look for a plague. Lol.