well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Second shot
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second shot
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Today is the day, two weeks after my second shot. ThumbsUp

Congratulations! My 2 weeks were up on Tuesday. Yesterday I went to play pitch ‘n’ putt golf and dinner (outside) with a group of fully vaccinated friends. It felt so...normal.

Thanks!

Posts: 24637 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I have a question for the group.

Would you follow the new CDC guidance for mask wearing if you were or are fully vaccinated?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I have a question for the group.

Would you follow the new CDC guidance for mask wearing if you were or are fully vaccinated?

I’ll follow it, at least for a while.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34827 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Since we live in downtown Chicago where mask-wearing is also a sign of respect for each other, we drop the masks while walking outside, but pull them up when we are coming close to others that are wearing theirs. I do watch the infection numbers which are down in the city and way down in our zip code.

The city is opening up for music festivals, sports and other concerts - they tend to draw people in from all over, so the next months will be worth watching the numbers...

Indoors - we still mask in public places.

The suburbs that I've seen seem to be much less masked - even indoors.

I expect to continue masking while tuning in homes for the future...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...ully-vaccinated.html

Edit-

I didn't realize this included two parts. The second one is people don't need to be tested.

Interesting.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
While I am not required to wear ear protection while mowing the lawn, I can choose to protect my hearing.

While I'm not required to wear sunglasses or sunscreen, I can choose to protect my skin and my eyes.

While I'm not required to wear a mask, I can choose to protect myself and others while in public...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Definitely skipping the mask ASAP.

I have not masked outside except when I couldn’t socially distance since the whole thing started.

Will go to Costco this weekend and will not wear a mask.

I’ll let you know how it feels!

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I have been mask-less to a conference full of un-masked people, dined out tonight with 2 other couples at the table. Been golfing a few times.

It does seem like life is returning to "normal".

I sure hope the vaccine does its job!

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The problem, of course, is that the unmasked vaccinated can still get the disease, even if the probability is much lower, and the severity of their disease is minimal (a cold) or they are completely asymptomatic. But these unmasked but vaccinated people can still transmit COVID to people whose immune systems haven't been much improved by getting a COVID shot. This may very well be the case for a large fraction of people who have had organ transplants, for instance. Transplant recipients don't seem to get the same level of protection that the average vaccine recipient gets.

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Where I have been, everyone who is going to get a vaccine has had ample opportunity to do so.

If they know they are immunosuppressed, they should be taking the precautions. When someone is wearing a mask I will put my mask on. But, if they are unmasked, that is wholly on them.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Our Costco is still requiring masks, AFAIK. Let me know how it goes, Cindy.

I'm going to keep wearing my mask in public indoor places, primarily as a sign of solidarity for the (often minimum wage) workers who have been put in the ridiculous position of having to enforce these ongoing masking rules, and deal with all sorts of carp being thrown at them (sometimes literally) when they are simply trying to do their job.

Harrrrumph

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'll continue to wear my mask for a couple of reasons.

If I try to be logical about it, we still don't know the long-term effects of asymptomatic infection. We can't. So, I'd rather not find out personally. Plus, there are some family medical history issues that cause me to be cautious.

But, really, it's not logic that drives my behavior here. Psychologically, I'm just going to be more comfortable wearing a mask. So I will continue to do so.

Posts: 45723 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
And no one tells me to smile, and they can’t tell when I’m mumbling to myself! Also, no makeup. Winnah!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9786 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'll keep wearing mine

It seems untenable guidance to me when only 36% of US is vaccinated. I don't agree with the part on testing, either. I'm no expert but it doesn't make sense to me you'd stop testing during some kind of more mundane public health crisis let alone a pandemic.

I'm "fully vaccinated." I do feel safer but for me, both from rational and emotional perspectives, I don't feel like life is back to, "normal."

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.