well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Graham and Corker: Mattis and Pompeo Misled the Senate About MBS's Responsibility for the Khashoggi Killing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graham and Corker: Mattis and Pompeo Misled the Senate About MBS's Responsibility for the Khashoggi Killing
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
quote:
“If they were in a Democratic administration,” Graham said of Pompeo and Mattis, “I would be all over them for being in the pocket of Saudi Arabia.”

Corker was about as full-throated, saying, “If the crown prince went in front of a jury, he would be convicted in 30 minutes” — another clear rebuke to Trump’s statement and Pompeo’s and Mattis’s suggestions that this is some kind of unknown.

Corker also suggested that the briefing last week, which featured Pompeo and Mattis but not Haspel, was entirely misleading. When asked whether there was a difference in the message about Mohammed’s culpability, Corker compared it to the “difference between darkness and sunshine.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.9b9cc1d19e42

Posts: 41799 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
OK. So what are they going to do about it? Just make statements of outrage, and then it’s business as usual?

And there are different rules for democrats and republicans?

SMH.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 7775 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican Party identification has begun requiring intellectual vacuity.

-- Jennifer Rubin (she's a conservative for those who don't read much)
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
OK. So what are they going to do about it? Just make statements of outrage, and then it’s business as usual?

And there are different rules for democrats and republicans?

SMH.

Yes, that's exactly what they'll do. Bloviate and pontificate to sound moderate and sensible, and then do absolutely nothing to their party's very intelligent leader.

Posts: 7678 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that Graham says he'll no longer support the current war in Yemen. That could be more concrete than tsking.

Republican Party identification has begun requiring intellectual vacuity.

-- Jennifer Rubin (she's a conservative for those who don't read much)
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I will wait to see if he proposes a binding Senate action in a sober and bipartisan way. I'm not holding my breath. I suspect he'll offer a "sense of the Senate" resolution and slink off to do some more bootlicking.

Posts: 7678 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What we have here is a sternly worded memo.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 26511 | Location: Yorba Linda, CA | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
They're trying to get something more than a strongly worded memo.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05...khashoggi/index.html

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Next up: the VERY sternly worded memo.

(I don’t think anything will come of this. Please let me be wrong. )

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 26511 | Location: Yorba Linda, CA | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post