well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fall is here!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall is here!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My freezer isn’t even that cold. Big Grin

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We were forecast to get 3” of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Nicole but barely got 1”. Temps dropping now, maybe snow next week.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Fall hell. It’s snowing! Along with sleet and a charming Midwest phenomenon called “wintry mix”.

With any luck I won’t have to shovel it. Cool

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We didn't have to shovel what came down a couple of days ago. Sidewalks and roads are still warm so it doesn't stick anywhere except on the grass.

Buffalo, OTOH, looks like they're going to get dumped on big time.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Fall hell. It’s snowing! Along with sleet and a charming Midwest phenomenon called “wintry mix”.

With any luck I won’t have to shovel it. Cool

I do wish they would learn how to spell winter. Yeesh.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
We didn't have to shovel what came down a couple of days ago. Sidewalks and roads are still warm so it doesn't stick anywhere except on the grass.

Poughkeepsie, too.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
High '50's last night, high '40's tonight.

They've tried to fix the heat twice. We're going to call next week.

We have two old space heaters. The thermostats don't work.

Not fun.

One the other hand, no participation.

Nice and dry.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Almost 5 feet in some places.

https://weather.com/news/news/...-buffalo-erie-county

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I called my sister who lives north of Buffalo. No snow there just now. But dramatic differences in snow accumulations as you head south. From one foot to five feet within seven miles.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Forecast was for clear and cold but I ended driving home tonight in a fine little snowstorm.

Everything was casual until the snow covered the lines on the two lane road leading to my town and then filled in the tracks of earlier traffic. No curbs - just ditches on either side. They don’t really do curbs here and that road is darker than the inside of a dog. I’ve made a note to avoid that route in the future.

I did get to test the ABS system on the truck (didn’t plan to - it just kinda happened) and it works just fine.

Big fun! ThumbsUp

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Forecast was for clear and cold but I ended driving home tonight in a fine little snowstorm.

Everything was casual until the snow covered the lines on the two lane road leading to my town and then filled in the tracks of earlier traffic. No curbs - just ditches on either side. They don’t really do curbs here and that road is darker than the inside of a dog. I’ve made a note to avoid that route in the future.

I did get to test the ABS system on the truck (didn’t plan to - it just kinda happened) and it works just fine.

Big fun! ThumbsUp

No curbs or guard rails? Yikes!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Up until very recently this area was all farms. Everyone is dead set against progress additional taxes and there is no interest in improving anything at all. All improvement bonds fail and most intersections don’t even have street signs.

To this day there are no storm sewers in Ridgeville. It’s all ditches and ponds. Upside to this is there is no problem with combination sewers that overload the sewage treatment plant when it rains - a huge problem in neighboring towns.

Q: What time is in Ridgeville?

A: 1952.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Here’s a new one - “Thundersnow!” Eeker

Is this really a thing?

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Steve: Sure…it’s like thunder during a rainstorm, except it’s too cold for rain. We experienced it in western NY.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I hate wintry mix - around here it turns into ice. Eeeeew. I don't do ice. Smiler

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post