well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    He and CNN knew it was a pandemic before WHO did

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He and CNN knew it was a pandemic before WHO did
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
For those who missed it, CNN started labeling it a pandemic a couple of days before the official declaration from WHO....

Another hunch from I-1?

quote:
President Trump on Tuesday said that he realized that the coronavirus outbreak was a pandemic before the World Health Organization (WHO) labeled it as such last week.

"This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic," Trump said at a press conference with his coronavirus task force. "All you had to do was look at other countries."

#Trump - "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic." #coronavirus #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/CIiVL5xKeU
— Michael Holmes (@holmescnn) March 17, 2020

The president's comments were in response to being asked if he agreed that his rhetoric surrounding the coronavirus become more reserved on Monday. Trump disagreed, saying that he always knew the outbreak was "serious."

Trump's answer immediately drew ire, with some pointing to a March 9 tweet of the president's.

"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant," Trump tweeted at the time.

The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 9, 2020

Trump also previously characterized the virus as a Democratic "hoax."

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...c-long-before-it-was

He really does live in a reality of his own making, doesn't he...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
He is such a lying sack of ****.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Oh Jodi, you just have TDS ...

... or so we're told.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
“We’ve always been at war with Coronavirus.”

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He keeps talking about how he closed off the borders from people coming in from China.

He never talks about how they handled people coming in from Italy when the numbers were rising there.

Oh, wait....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post