well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So how did you spend the day?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how did you spend the day?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Sounds lovely!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Most of the day for me was driving, to NJ to my sister's. We then had Xmas dinner with whoever was around, complete with Christmas Poppers as is the tradition my Mom started. We all ate our dinner with our tissue paper hats on. Smiler

We have never been terribly wedded to "THE" day. As our families are all over and my sister and I married into difficult families.

I am grateful to my 90 year old Mom, who still thinks setting aside that particular calendar day is too much pressure, and she takes our gatherings on any day around the holiday as Xmas, just grateful for us all to be together. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Sick husband and I went to his sister's place for a Yankee grab bag and ornament exchange, followed by way too much food and drink.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post