well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    In the garden

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In the garden
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
This is my favorite time of year in the garden because the berries are in season.

I've been noshing on serviceberries every day for the last week. There's actually enough for me *and* the robins to eat.

Looks like I have an abundant crop of raspberries and I see the first one just starting to turn red.

I pruned the red currant bush this year, so the crop is somewhat smaller than usual, but the berries are ripening and should be ready to eat in a couple of weeks.

In the veggie garden, I've got tomatoes on just about all of the plants. I started to see fruit setting a couple of weeks ago, which is quite early for the area. I'm trying San Marzano tomatoes this year and looks like they're going to be a prolific producer.

Trying peppers in pots and those are looking great. Jalapenos, Shishitos, and poblanos all have little teeny peppers.

The Kentucky Wonder green beans and cukes are growing gangbusters but no flowers yet.

Looking forward to the fruits of my labors!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
The birds have been getting ALL of my blackberries.

I just hope they're paying me back by eating bad insects like squash bugs and such.

Sounds like your garden is going great!

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post