well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve….
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve….
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And so the adventure has begun... ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait to see your pictures! Have a safe trip!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can’t seem to stop it from shifting and covering the left tail light.

Duct tape!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Dunno. The crazy thing has already broken all the ropes, two brand new bungee cords and ripped out two grommets. I finally pulled over and threw some rocks in the top and it seems to have helped.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I-40 is a very efficient way to get from Flagstaff to OKC (via ABQ and Amarillo) but it’s some of the flattest, most featureless country I’ve ever seen.

Upside is that we sampled some outstanding Brisket and Texas chili at a place called Rudy’s. It absolutely lived up to the hype!

Meanwhile, the tarp is in shreds, stuffed in to a corner of the trailer. Have to go to Home Depot in the morning to try again.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Shout out to OKC. It’s the friendliest place I’ve ever been.

I couldn’t go 5 feet in Home Depot without someone offering to help me find something, people ran over to help me load the plywood and when I was in the parking lot nearly everyone who walked by asked me if I needed help. Nice! ThumbsUp

Trailer is trussed up like a Christmas goose. Off to St. Louis!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBN86y30Ufc

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Any idea when the movers will arrive with your stuff?

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trailer is trussed up like a Christmas goose. Off to St. Louis!

Sounds like you're making good time!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Any idea when the movers will arrive with your stuff?

Not until Tuesday Frowner

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Good time to paint! Sea Salt ahoy!

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13524 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The painting is done now and Sea Salt is one of the colors - the hall bath and laundry.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'll wave to you guys as you drive through/past my fair state today....

So..... next stop....home?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yes, although I’m politicking for a night in Indianapolis or something. As it stands we won’t get in to N. Ridgeville until really late and I have to try to get the trailer in to the garage because there is no overnight parking anywhere in town. We have no reason to rush, why push it?

Mrs. Miller isn’t having it. She’s all done with driving and wants to be done with it.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm with you. Stay in a nice place, have a good dinner and a good night's sleep, and then get up at a leisurely time and finish off the final push.

But you are a wise man to listen to Mrs. Miller. Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post