well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve….
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve….
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Just a few more days till you’re on the road east….

Are you ready?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Close, but I wouldn’t mind another week. Packers come Thursday, moving van Friday and Saturday we hit the road.

Eeker

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saturday we hit the road

HairRaising

I had no idea it was so soon already!!

Good luck with all the final details!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I am not ready for this.
Could you delay it a couple more weeks?

Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So you still have a week to eat at your favorite Mexican restaurant(s) before you leave SoCal.... Yummy

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
So you still have a week to eat at your favorite Mexican restaurant(s) before you leave SoCal.... Yummy

Part of a week. Right now we’re in Ohio to see the house for the first time and to celebrate Jack’s second birthday.

House looks good! Not exactly what I pictured from the videos but overall we’re pleased. LR is a little smaller, finished basement is larger and the windows open, which I like. Rear grass area is about half the size I expected - good. The neighborhood is very nice and most of the houses are some 2X the size of ours. Impatiens seem to be the hot ticket in front yards, along with hydrangeas and Japanese maples.

Im told there is a restaurant nearby that makes good Carne Asada. We’ll probably check it out tonight. ThumbsUp

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im told there is a restaurant nearby that makes good Carne Asada. We’ll probably check it out tonight.

I'm sorry, that's against the rules. Fridays are fish fry nights.

Neener

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
[QUOTE] Im told there is a restaurant nearby that makes good Carne Asada. We’ll probably check it out tonight.

I'm sorry, that's against the rules. Fridays are fish fry nights.

Neener[/QUOTIE]

On Monday I ate at a little storefront place next to my barber shop. I got a fish burrito and it was everything I could ever want. The salsas in particular were over the top. There was an avocado based Rene that made it work, cabbage, carrot, onion, cilantro. Perfect!

I talked to the cook (with this quality of food I should probably say chef) and she gave me pointers. The fish is “whitefish” which could be anything. I’m thinking walleye would be perfect. I’ve found a source for tortillas and I’m feeling good.

I may have a signature dish!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good luck tomorrow!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The schedule got compressed so now both packing and loading are on Friday. This gives me one more day to pack the stuff I’m responsible for and I’m good with it.

I had planned to load the trailer tomorrow but the crew I had lined up backed out. I’ll have to round up another one.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just reading this thread gives me PTSD.

Leaving

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Wish I was closer, I’d be happy to help. Good luck!

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So I hope the fact that you are logged on here and posting in LOLcritters means that everything is going swimmingly well with the move....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
All good so far. I’d post pictures but I can’t figure out Flickr on the phone.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Day one. Yorba Linda to Flagstaff. 9 hours.

The trailer pulls fine but the miserable tarp has on the trailer has a mind if it’s own. I had to stop several times to secure it and even at that I can’t seem to stop it from shifting and covering the left tail light. Bought a bunch of rope at a truck stop and that helped, but planning to got to Home Depot tomorrow to get more stuff.

If there are supply chain issues you’d never know it from driving I-40. Wall to wall big rigs and some of the longest trains I’ve ever seen. Seems like they’re all heading East but that’s impossible so…

We’re staying with my son Greg and wife Tori and a house owned by Tori’s grandparents. They call it the “cabin” but in reality it’s a very nice house on a golf course.

Took pictures of the empty house on the way out. I’m going to miss it.