well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve….
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve….
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Bathroom looks great! So does the garage. Love that painting. Think the frame suits it.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Everything looks great!

My DIY job for next week is to install replacement fill valves for our toilets. Wish me luck... it's possible that this will solve the weird on/off pulsing that our toilets are doing (and I posted on earlier).

I can see changing the valves could fix the problem. ThumbsUp

It’s a straightforward job if the supply valves aren’t frozen. If they are, shut the water off at the street - do not try to force them.

I like Fluidmaster products, FWIW.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Finally finished the cabinets in the laundry room. They're installed on a frame in the back to space them forward enough that you can reach them. I was going to use custom 24" deep units until I saw the cost. Eeker These are stock cabinets from Lowes.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Nice!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

quote:
to space them forward enough that you can reach them

Do you mean because otherwise, the washer and dryer prevent you from getting all the way to the back?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I'm envious of your laundry room; ours is in an unfinished basement.

Good call on pulling the cabinets forward. I know so many people who had 12 inch deep cabinets installed on the wall over a refrigerator, making them nearly impossible to access....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Looks good!

quote:
to space them forward enough that you can reach them

Do you mean because otherwise, the washer and dryer prevent you from getting all the way to the back?

Yes. Sharon isn’t real tall and could barely reach over the washer to get things off of the 12” deep shelf that was there. Now she can reach the second shelf but barely.

It takes a ladder to reach the upper cupboards but we managed to find enough occasional use stuff to put in them.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'd put the dryer sheets on the top shelf.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I'd put the dryer sheets on the top shelf.

You must not want soft fluffy towels.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A vinegar rinse makes a pretty good substitute for fabric softener.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I just use the felted dryer balls, and the towels seem fine.

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have never tried those. Are they all created equal, or do you have a link to your favorites?

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Have never tried those. Are they all created equal, or do you have a link to your favorites?

I don’t remember where these came from? I use two; I don’t think one would be enough. I know ou can put drops of essential oils on them, but I don’t.