well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve….
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve….
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We have a few things but the cutlery drawer is still buried.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Chop sticks go a long way.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Miller is at war with her kitchen. It’s about the same size as our old kitchen but the pantry is smaller and the individual cabinets are narrower. Nothing fits where she wants it to fit.

None of my suggestions seem to help (basement, donate it, put it somewhere else) and I am staying out of it. Cool

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Mrs. Miller is at war with her kitchen. It’s about the same size as our old kitchen but the pantry is smaller and the individual cabinets are narrower. Nothing fits where she wants it to fit.

None of my suggestions seem to help (basement, donate it, put it somewhere else) and I am staying out of it. Cool

Smart man!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am only guessing, but I don't think Switzerland is going to work. My money is on you getting dragged into this to build a workaround.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s snowing.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Fireplace.
Cup of coffee or an adult beverage.
Faithful canine beside you.

Life is good!

PS Has Sam experienced snow before?

PS2: Speaking of winter, does he need a winter coat? I have one that's almost new that might work on him.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:

I am only guessing, but I don't think Switzerland is going to work. My money is on you getting dragged into this to build a workaround.
Bump out.

We added a freestanding cupboard from IKEA. I think it is supposed to be a bedroom piece, but it has shelves and doors, so it's in the kitchen. It's where most of the drygoods and cans get stored.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Our pantry overload items are in the storage cabinet in the bathroom (the guest bathroom shares a wall with the kitchen). I figure when we sell the house we need to clear it out and put all sorts of artistically folded towels and other bathroom doo-dads in there. Because nothing says "minimal kitchen storage" like having your stuff in the bathroom cabinet. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s not very cold and the snow isn’t really sticking.

I’m told this type of storm is called an “Alberta Clipper”. The locals have any number of quaint terms to describe what is essentially “snow”.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned for the ultimate pantry upgrade.

It’s awesome as long as it doesn’t rip the pantry door off of the hinges.

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Just put a shipping container off the back porch - and it will work out fine.

I feel your pain. Before my spouse came along, I had shared living with a roommate or two. Everything fit into the small freezer attached to the kitchen refrigerator.

Now, we have a refrigerator with twice that freezer space, plus the original refrigerator with its freezer, plus a full size tall freezer and a chest freezer next to it. Today, I found myself looking into buying another chest freezer to help with sorting out the other freezers as my spouse is making more applesauce than we can store.

And we have a 20 foot wall of storage in the basement to handle overflow of both provisions and bakeware. Again, had I known, I would have expanded the basement by having a crawlspace dug out.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Our pantry overload items are in the storage cabinet in the bathroom (the guest bathroom shares a wall with the kitchen). I figure when we sell the house we need to clear it out and put all sorts of artistically folded towels and other bathroom doo-dads in there. Because nothing says "minimal kitchen storage" like having your stuff in the bathroom cabinet. Big Grin

ROTFLMAO

But now that you mention it…the downstairs half bath/powder room cabinets are where. keep the silver serving pieces that came from the in-laws. There’s no room in the kitchen, or in the dining room buffet. I only need these pieces if I’m putting on a tea party, and that was a once-a-year event.

Our downstairs half bath is ridiculously large, and there are cabinets along the back wall under the windows. I’m guessing that’s where a bathtub used to live, before the attic turned into 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths in the 1930s. Our house was built in 1921, so it’s 100 years old this year.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stay tuned for the ultimate pantry upgrade.

It’s awesome as long as it doesn’t rip the pantry door off of the hinges.

Called it.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I don’t want to be “that California guy” but I have never seen more sh!tty contractors in my life, or regular folks for that matter.

Nobody returns calls, nobody shows up. I offer free boxes, people say they’ll come get them and never show. Contractors beg for work on Facebook and don’t return calls. People advertise things on Craigslist and then never respond. The guys at Spectrum act like no one has ever tried to return a router before. It’s maddening.

Is this the “slower pace of life” I was promised? Or is that an excuse for general laziness or perhaps drunkenness? I’ve never seen anything like it.

These people would starve to death in California or move to Texas and whine piteously about Gavin Newsom.

I’m beginning to understand the appeal of TFG.