well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve….
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve….
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Yes, although I’m politicking for a night in Indianapolis or something. As it stands we won’t get in to N. Ridgeville until really late and I have to try to get the trailer in to the garage because there is no overnight parking anywhere in town. We have no reason to rush, why push it?

Mrs. Miller isn’t having it. She’s all done with driving and wants to be done with it.

Put your foot down and tell her she is wrong as usual. Who does she think she is?

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Yes, although I’m politicking for a night in Indianapolis or something. As it stands we won’t get in to N. Ridgeville until really late and I have to try to get the trailer in to the garage because there is no overnight parking anywhere in town. We have no reason to rush, why push it?

Mrs. Miller isn’t having it. She’s all done with driving and wants to be done with it.

Put your foot down and tell her she is wrong as usual. Who does she think she is?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
One of my old friends and I used to refer to his wife (affectionately, of course) as SWAMBO.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Truck developed an oil leak somewhere in Indiana, probably from the transfer case, and threw oil all over the front of the trailer. My new driveway is going to have oil spots on it for a while - no overnight street parking in North Ridgeville. HOA will be thrilled.

Pulled in to the driveway at 9:30 last night. 35 degrees. Painter is not done and has garage half full of stuff. Plastic everywhere.

Moved the stuff in the garage to park trailer. Trailer tongue jack collapsed when I went to unhook it. Trailer is 6” longer than garage, disconnected opener and pulled it down as far as it would go.

Wall paint inside is done and the colors look really nice, at least at night. Finish on the doors and woodwork is first class. Mrs. Miller wants the closets painted - who knew?

Carpet cleaner did a very good job and even got the mystery stain out in the MBR. Sam liked it so much he peed on it - something he hasn’t done since he was a puppy. I think he’s a little freaked out.

Met neighbor on the right side. She’s very nice. Neighbors on both sides have dogs who like to bark through the fence. Sam will fit right in. Eeker

Furniture comes Tuesday.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Aren't you glad you're retired and have time to deal with all these chores?

Poor Sam. Yes, even the most well housebroken dog will break training under stress. We figured that out when we brought dogs that were new to our household up to our vacation home. Had to confine them to a more limited area and take them out often till they got comfy with the new surroundings.

In any event, welcome home!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My truck is covered in frost! Eeker

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There's a feature on most cars that you may not be familiar with. It's labeled "DEFROST".

ThumbsUp

Wait till the first snow, when you're cuddled up on your sofa with an afghan in front of a fire in your fireplace.

The magic of winter.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
My truck is covered in frost! Eeker

Just wait, soon it will be snow! Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Steve's truck...

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
What will you do with trailer?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
If he’s like us, he will pay to store it for a couple of years and then finally sell it to the neighbors.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
What will you do with trailer?

One of Jeff’s relatives has a farm about 30 minutes south of here. She’ll store it indefinitely if she can use it. She’ll store my wood chipper too.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh, Steve! Wow, just glad you're there, despite the challenges of the first 24 hours!

Now you can take your time and get settled in on your own schedule.

Whew.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Probably time for a stop at home depot for a snow shovel and some ice scrapers for your car windows. Oh, and DEFNITELY buy the windshield washer fluid that is good down to -20 degrees....and buy it now, because it gets hard to find mid-winter. The regular stuff freezes up over the winter and you will soon learn that windshield washer fluid is key when driving on salted roads after a storm. (Cars around you kick up salt mist which coats your window - sometimes you need to run the wipers/washer fluid as often as once a minute. And if you have no fluid or your fluid is frozen, you have to pull over and wipe the window with snow from the side of the road every few minutes. Ask me how I know this. Don't be like me.)

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Victory is yours!

Kluurs... ROTFLMAO

Congratulations, now the fun starts!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post