well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve….
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve….
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Lock de-icer.... sold everywhere or there are diy recipes online.

Especially happens when rain/fog switches to cold. It is the water vapor freezing inside the lock.

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The “WD” in WD-40 stands for “water displacer”. In DC, we’d give the car door keyholes a monthly squirt in winter.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hats with pompoms, yes. Never seen flannel jim-jams in a grocery store but they're everywhere else.

I'm a fan of the Eddie Bauer lounge sets at Costco. Not flannel, but they're great. Cheaper in the warehouse.

https://www.costco.com/eddie-b...oduct.100741246.html

Some varieties of grass around here turn straw-colored, but most become a dull greenish-brown in winter and then green up in spring.

It does seem like the current trend is to generously space smaller plants . Smaller specimens are cheaper and transplant more easily. Plants being plants, they tend to grow together eventually. Postpones the "overgrown landscaping" problem, too.

I used to use wood mulch to keep weeds down but because I'm cheap we have several large deciduous trees that drop a ton of leaves in the fall, I rake up the leaves and then either use my leaf vacuum or lawn mower to break them up and I put them back in the beds. DIY mulch.

Liquor laws in other states are a mystery to me because we can buy anything almost anywhere. I do remember my Dad going to the liquor store and buying a bunch of stuff to bring to my uncle when we went to visit him and my aunt in Dayton. Come visit a civilized state and stock up while you're here. Big Grin

And since it's winter, here's a tip for you....if you have to leave a car parked outside and there's precipitation in the forecast, be sure to lift your wipers away from the windshield so they don't freeze onto the glass.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
When your vehicle door lock freezes put your thumb on the lock until it thaws.
Then have one of those dry martinis to feel warm again. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
flannel jim-jams

Having never heard of them, I had to google "jim jams"

quote:
jimjams in British English

(ˈdʒɪmˌdʒæmz ) plural noun. a slang word for delirium tremens. a state of nervous tension, excitement, or anxiety.

flannel anxiety.

Somehow I don't think that's what WTG was talking about... ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
flannel jim-jams

Having never heard of them, I had to google "jim jams"

quote:
jimjams in British English

(ˈdʒɪmˌdʒæmz ) plural noun. a slang word for delirium tremens. a state of nervous tension, excitement, or anxiety.

flannel anxiety.

Somehow I don't think that's what WTG was talking about... ROTFLMAO

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

https://www.wordnik.com/words/jimjams

I heard "jimjams" used by a character in a British comedy called As Time Goes By. Given the context of the dialogue, I'm pretty sure he was using the Wordnik definition.....

I'd never heard the jitters definition..though interestingly the Wordnik link has examples of usage for both pajamas and anxiety.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
jim-jams = jammies = pjs

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Glory of glories, the bathroom is nearly finished! 5x7 half bath, existing sewer rough ins, two new walls and a cased opening.

3 and four man crews every day for three weeks. Eeker

The problem is that none of the crew knows how to finish drywall. They really want to, they just can’t. I finally loaned them a pole sander so they had a fighting chance. I will say the end result looks pretty good.

Vanity and toilet go in today, at least in theory. It’s still only half painted but that’s easy enough. Floor looks good. I’m doing the electrical myself.

I’ll post a picture when they leave. happydance

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That seems like an excessive amount of hours for a half bath. Did you have to do any concrete work on the rough in?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nope. They’re just that clueless.

Friendly, neat, tidy, slow and incompetent.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Nope. They’re just that clueless.

So the idiot contractors sanding drywall in the basement didn’t push the door fully closed when they left and the dogs got out. We had no idea until the neighbor came over and told us. Sam is one thing, but we’re dog sitting Kim and Jeff’s dog while Jeff is in the hospital for another angiogram.

Yikes!

Drove around for an hour frantically looking for them. Are they in the woods? Drowning in a pond? Buried in a drift? This place, I don’t know. Dogs don’t die falling through the ice in ponds in Yorba Linda. They get hit by cars as God intended!

Finally got a call (they have tags) from a nice lady three (!) miles away who found them and coaxed them, filthy, wet covered in ice and burrs and stinking, in to her car. There’s mud and snow all over her nice seats. Her only comment was that they looked like they had a great time.

Bless this lady and her kids. She wouldn’t take any money. I will send her a basket or something.

Move to Ohio, they said. It will be fun, they said! The people are nice!

Yes they are.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
How's Jeff doing?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
He had his second angiogram yesterday and everything looks normal. He should be back to work in a week.

Yahoo! ThumbsUp

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Very good news about Jeff!

quote:
They’re just that clueless.

ROTFLMAO
Do they know your background?

Re the adventure with the dogs, glad they got home safe!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post