well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What a prodigy!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What a prodigy!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Transwoman Jaycee Cooper takes up powerlifting and within a year is the state champ!

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
And the rest of the story ...

Trans Power Lifters Banned from Competing as Women

... at USA Powerlifting events.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Permitting trans men to women to compete against ciswomen will end the competition.
Maybe the ciswomen will form their own group.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
The “bone density” red herring has been thrown out there for years, at least since MMA fighter Fallon Fox appeared on the scene. The bone density of black women is, on average, significantly higher than that of white women. In fact, some studies have shown the bone strength of black women to be higher than that of white men.

Yet we don’t see any great rush to divide lifting categories by race, proving this bone-density argument to be nothing but a canard designed to specifically target trans athletes.

Would like to hear a rationale, but Hunt did not respond.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post