well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Got my prints framed and hung!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my prints framed and hung!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
We got our prints back from being framed. The photos don't do them justice, but here they are. The expensive (to me) framing was definitely worth it!! I chose anti-glare glass as well (IIRC it was maybe $10 extra?) and that was an awesome decision. The anti-glare looks so good, I might take the piano piece and and just have them replace the glass (which they said they can do). I think in some rooms it might not matter, but this room has a big window on the wall opposite the prints, so that kind of glass is really nice.

Here are some close-ups.

I think I mentioned this, but these three prints are actually real places in Mr. SK's hometown. (And in the print with the castle with the cherry blossoms, that's the same castle as the model that Mr. SK made)

This is a print by the artist Hasui, who Kluurs may remember is one of my favorite artists (and Kluurs has some prints by him as well). This photo doesn't do it justice, the colors are so bright and really pretty.

I love how it looks now!!!!
happydance

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Those look great. Clean, bold, classic lines.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous, SK!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yes

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Looks great! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks y’all!! I live them!! And I love how the piano room looks now. Those spots looked really empty to me ever since we moved in.
Yay!!

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
So pretty!!!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That looks really nice!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

Now if only we could have a piano party and show them off. Frowner

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
They look wonderful, SK!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Thanks everyone!

Now if only we could have a piano party and show them off. Frowner

Maybe you can cajole Ax into sponsoring a virtual gathering...

Nicely done.

But you have a ways to go before you catch up with kluurs!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
They came out nice. Japanese woodblocks don't need a lot of special treatments to look good - simple is best.

This is my most recent art acquisition, an etching by Hiroto Norikane.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Those look great, SK! And I totally agree with you on the anti-glare glass. It makes a huge difference.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The anti-glare looks so good, I might take the piano piece and and just have them replace the glass (which they said they can do)

I broke the glass on a piece of art and when I asked about replacing it the cost was crazy. The person in the framing department at Michaels suggested that I wait for one of the coupon sales and order the cheapest frame possible, with the glass, and then just have them replace the glass in my existing frame and ditch the cheapo frame.

The savings was significant but I will note that my piece of art is quite large, so that might be part of why the glass is so expensive.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post