well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    15 years folks
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15 years folks
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
We had the fifth anniversary party at Cunningham Piano in Germantown and the tenth anniversary party at kluurs' house in Oak Park. Somehow, we haven't seen fit to organize a 15th.

I saved a copy of the last thread I posted in at the old Coffee Room. The date was April 21st, 2005, the night it shut down. What a long strange trip it's been.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7381 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Amazing. And so weird to think of you all as my friends even though most of us have never met.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Same here even Doug.

I'm totally OK with it staying small. It seemed like there was so much drama and competition early on with the split into multiple fora--who ended up where, who went to both, how many posts, yada yada yada.

I'm glad we are friends. Smiler

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, Nina, I can’t believe you misspelled the word “especially”.

No wonder you crossed it out…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm glad we are friends.

Yes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Me, too!

WTF friends are pretty much the only people I let be my FB friends without meeting them in person, first.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
We had the fifth anniversary party at Cunningham Piano in Germantown and the tenth anniversary party at kluurs' house in Oak Park. Somehow, we haven't seen fit to organize a 15th.
OK, let's fix that.
See this thread for the WTF 15th Anniversary Piano Party

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I was in Europe researching GRAND OBSESSION when this all went down. Which means it's also another 15th year anniversary and I can't believe in this much time I haven't been back to see my friends at the Grotrian factory.

What brought us together is a shared history at PW. Not sure who else would have any basis for joining us or why they would care to. Have we advertised on PW or at TNCR? Wink Big Grin

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Me, too!

WTF friends are pretty much the only people I let be my FB friends without meeting them in person, first.

Me too!! Except now I have a couple of Facebook friends and I can’t actually remember what their forum names are, and I’ve done that with a couple of forums, so I don’t actually know ‘how’ I met them... Leaving

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post