well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    More People Died of COVID on 9/11/21

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More People Died of COVID on 9/11/21
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Than died on 9/11 ...

... from the terror attacks that caused the entire political apparatus of the United States to lurch into wars and radical restructuring of domestic life.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
As the comments note, there is reasonable debate about this 4409 number.

The 7-day moving average is certainly lower. And and a variety of states are now reporting in odd ways that mess with the stats.

But by any way you want to measure it, whether we're having a 9/11 every day, or every other day, it's astonishing how blasé a significant part of our population has become over the toll.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's astonishing how blasé a significant part of our population has become over the toll.

and fatalistic

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post