well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A new low
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new low
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I think (not apropos to this situation; I'm not making a judgement) if I had 100 million, I'd have security guards. But I don't know. I can hardly imagine having that much money.

Even HM Queen Elizabeth II once found an intruder in her bedroom.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
“James, take off my shoes”

“James, take off my dress”

“James, take off my brassiere”

Now leave this room and if I catch you wearing my clothes again you’ll get the sack!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The response from the right has been deplorable. The response from Musk was deplorable. The response from I-1 has been dead silence.

Ask me if I'm surprised.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wonder what they’ll all say now that there’s video of how the guy broke in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...watching/ar-AA13D3lK

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A New Low?

We Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
The Repubs have been demonizing Pelosi for a very long time.

I think that matters, but then so did the Democrats' demonization of Kavanaugh.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yep. Demonization has been aa two-way street for a long time. It just seems to be getting worse.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Re: Pelosi (and trying to avoid whataboutitism), the conspiracy theories that are running around now are disgusting. The silence (or complicity) from certain of our "leaders" is shameful.

Overall, yes - I think we all need to acknowledge that there are certain unhinged people who will listen to the heated rhetoric and act on it. This guy. The guy who shot Scalise. To simply dismiss these as "well there are crazies everywhere" is to ignore the damage that this rhetoric does. The fact is, there ARE crazies and this type of speech is completely irresponsible and reckless. To claim anything else is a flat out lie.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post