well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cya London -> Hiya Denver
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cya London -> Hiya Denver
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted
Today our European adventure officially comes to a close. We’ve spent most of the last 4 years living in the UK and since Sue’s last work day back in April most of the last 4 months wandering about, visiting friends, and taking a 6 week Spanish language immersion course in Valencia, Spain. Loads of memories, most of them being right up on the scale close to excellent. Sad to see it ending, but happy to be headed home. Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Hi

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37751 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the somewhat-United States of Trump.

Hmmm... there’s one forumite who lives an hour and a quarter outside of Denver. And I might be visiting again in a couple months.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Welcome back to the somewhat-United States of Trump. ThumbsUp

Hmmm... there’s one forumite who lives an hour and a quarter outside of Denver. And I might be visiting again in a couple months.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25674 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Welcome home!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15505 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Welcome home! It sounds like such a great adventure you had.

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
From Brexit to Trump must be quiet the ...transition.

Still, your experiences must have been fantastico!

Bienviendo! Ole

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
So what now?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34829 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Welcome home! It sounds like such a great adventure you had.

+1!

Posts: 24638 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
So, Brexit vs Trumpit. Pretty different, but really exactly the same IMO. Namely fear of the "other". It's amazing to me how short sighted people en masse can be.

As for plans, what I'm thinking is some volunteer work. Maybe a food bank or working with refugees, something like that. Gotta find some tennis somewhere, and want to up the exercise over all as well. Also definitely plan to keep up with the Spanish learning too, so maybe I can find a volunteer spot where I can interact with the Hispanic population, or a personal trainer that speaks Spanish. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm back now. Only a little jet lagged still. Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, pj if you come visit Chas do let me know. It would be fun to meetup somewhere. Just don't expect me to play the piano or anything!

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
May I ask...why Denver?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Colorado is home. I've lived here for many years as a child and as an adult. Sue's family is mostly all here.

It's not actually Denver by the way. That's just the closest city. We live in Niwot, which is right outside Boulder. Smiler

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Left Hand, Colorado! Smiler Nice place.

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Colorado is home. I've lived here for many years as a child and as an adult. Sue's family is mostly all here.

It's not actually Denver by the way. That's just the closest city. We live in Niwot, which is right outside Boulder. Smiler

Aha!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post