Find
Notify
Tools

#$&!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
I think I might have the flu. (Got vaccinated for it in October). Was due for a covid shot number 2 on Tuesday. I have a fever. And have been up feeling super nauseous since 3am, also Wondering if should get tested for covid, case are on the rise here. Fvcking new republican asshat governor took the mask mandate away. And the county was forced into following along, or else the legislature won’t give them covid money. Frowner

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Well that stinks. I'm sorry you're feeling poorly.

Would it be very hard to get tested for COVID? And/or the flu?

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37763 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 24642 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Oh, no! Maybe give it the weekend, take lots of naps and plenty of fluids, and get tested on Monday if necessary? You should get your results by Tuesday morning if it's at all like here, and then you'll know if you can get vaccinated or not. Frowner

On the plus (?) side, upset stomach isn't a typical COVID symptom.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Yup. Get tested to know for sure...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
You should get your results by Tuesday morning if it's at all like here, and then you'll know if you can get vaccinated or not. Frowner

Some of our customers are requiring Covid tests before we can go in to their building.

We get the results in 15 minutes.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Yup. Get tested to know for sure...

This.

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Oh no! But I had what I thought was the flu a while after my second vaccine. It only lasted about 3 days though. (I had a thread about it.). Yes. Get tested. I predict you’ll be fine.

(Interesting that I typed v-a-x and autocorrect made it vaccine.)

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13777 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Sorry you’re not feeling well. But flu, actual influenza, doesn’t usually make make you nauseated? It’s mostly upper respiratory? Hope this passes soon!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, jodi!
You've really gotten more than your share of illnesses during this COVID period - and looking after Steve too. Frowner

Hope this turns out to be a relatively benign diagnosis - one that passes quickly.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Jodi so sorry to hear this. Are you feeling any better?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I hope you can contact urgent care today, or if you need a referral for any kind of tests (flu or covid) maybe do a telehealth visit, there are lots of options for Sundays/after hours. Also, you probably know this, but be sure to take your temperature, since having a fever is one symptom that is used to decide whether or not get vaccinated (everything I read says something along the lines of "get the vaccine if you have a slight cold, but not if you have a fever")

Let us know how you're doing!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18315 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I hope you're feeling better, Jodi.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Jodi. I hope it passes quickly, and is nothing serious.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post