well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    TP substitutes.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TP substitutes.
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, y'all are no help! ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was actually semi-serious.

Cheaper at Costco, but here's an alternative (plus Steve's diaper bucket). The washcloths, not the Swedish dish cloths...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=whi...&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
One word.

Bidet.

Two more words.

Install one.
I bought one. A Brondell Swash 300. It had a heater and a remote control.

Sadly, it would not fit on my 1952 toilet, and the space the toilet is in would not easily accommodate a new toilet.

I sold it on Craigslist for what I paid for it. The guy who bought it for his wife (all he said was she had limited mobility) acted like he’d just won the lottery. This one was for their second bathroom. She had the same unit in the master bathroom. (I hope the remotes have a very short range!)

Years ago when we had a lot of students from the Middle East at our training center, they asked us to keep several watering pitchers (like you’d have for indoor plants - the plastic ones with the long spouts) in the restrooms. When one would go into a stall, he’d fill the pitcher and take it in with him. I never quite figured out how they made it work, but it was basically a bidet.

Also, some airlines have bidets in the lavs in their aeroplanes. It’s just a nozzle under the back of the rim. The pinnacle of my career at the New-Fangled Flying Machine Co was writing the section of the training manual for the bidet.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
One word.

Bidet.

Two more words.

Install one.
Or just have a hand held in your shower.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
One word.

Bidet.

Two more words.

Install one.

I have wanted one for a long time.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
So, how does one... dry off?

I understand there are some old t-shirts available.....

Snort, snort, snort. I’ll even cut them up for you.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
The pinnacle of my career was writing the section of the training manual for the bidet.

Way to go, pj!!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
We have two installed with two more on the way. They are super easy to install and use.

Once you use one, you will wonder why we haven't been using them since birth.

I'm a little upset about that actually.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
So, how does one... dry off?

Well, as I said of my bidet, it (and many models) come with a dry cycle - can even be warm.

If you're going to do it, do it all the way!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
One word.

Bidet.

Two more words.

Install one.
Or just have a hand held in your shower.

It's so much better to just finish on the toilet. I haven't spent more than $79 on one and that one has a hot water connection for "custom temperature control"

I find the cold water one is just fine. Mrs. Mark's preference is for the heated water.

As far a drying is concerned, like Amanda said, they have electric bidets with warm air dryers.

I use a square or two of TP to pat dry. You would be amazed how fast you will dry just sitting there.

Our consumption of TP has dropped significantly. I have no numbers to quantify that statement but I probably only change the roll every couple of weeks or more.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post