well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    TP substitutes.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TP substitutes.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
So this is kind of funny, (kind of not). I have a couple of homesteading youtube channels that I follow on and off, sometimes the gardening content is interesting, sometimes they are (or were) just fun to watch - anyway, this video popped up a few days ago - I remember having a bottle like this after having my kids (giving birth) - it was quite helpful for healing (and a number of other reasons) - a sort of quick and easy bidet - so I was chuckling at this video, and then she gets to the part with the scraps of fabric that she uses for drying (and the bucket of bleach water to disinfect so they can be washed and reused). And then a few days pass and Have just noticed the pile of old undershirts belonging to Mr. Jodi that I was going to just toss, or maybe use as painting rags. And now I’m thinking I maybe should cut them into squares and hang onto them just in case. Blink

https://youtu.be/Y5zY7LINQL8

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Between this and the stashed N95 masks, you're giving all of us hoarders a reason to continue our long-ingrained habits.....

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Saw a head of cabbage at the supermarket before I left for Tucson.
Thought I might get it for Don.
Didn't.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
While you're all "eewww-ing" about Jodi's TP substitute notion (old cloths), I want to put this in perspective.

Until relatively recently, there was no such thing as disposable diapers. All parents used cloth diapers and washed them well afterwards, in between use.

We all survived (and saved a lot of space in the landfills)!

If push should come to shove (so to speak), I'm fortunate that my washing machine even has a sanitary cycle to use scalding water but even for most ordinary machines, it would hardly be the end of the world!

(Come to think of it, I'm still more fortunate for that matter - not to evoke the Evil Eye Smiler - because I have a bidet toilet attachment. Even prewarms the water before the dry cycle! But that's just an extra benefit in this household - I remember very clearly washing cloth diapers as a way of life.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ha! They still make diaper pails.

Who knew?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
One word.

Bidet.

Two more words.

Install one.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
While you're all "eewww-ing" about Jodi's TP substitute notion (old cloths), I want to put this in perspective.

Until relatively recently, there was no such thing as disposable diapers. All parents used cloth diapers and washed them well afterwards, in between use.

We all survived (and saved a lot of space in the landfills)!

If push should come to shove (so to speak), I'm fortunate that my washing machine even has a sanitary cycle to use scalding water but even for most ordinary machines, it would hardly be the end of the world!

(Come to think of it, I'm still more fortunate for that matter - not to evoke the Evil Eye Smiler - because I have a bidet toilet attachment. Even prewarms the water before the dry cycle! But that's just an extra benefit in this household - I remember very clearly washing cloth diapers as a way of life.)

Yes. My mother did that. She was 19 in 1967. A truck, like an ice cream truck, used to travel around the neighborhood. She used this service because she worked.

Having said that, there isn't one roll of toilet paper to be found here, and it concerns me.

The sanitation practices of the ancient Romans don't seem appealing to me at all.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Also, it’s amazing how much more TP a household uses when everyone is working from home.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
it’s amazing how much more TP a household uses when everyone is working from home.

This!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Nobody listens to me. It's OK. I'm used to it.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
So, how does one... dry off?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

Blow dryer or bend over in front of the fan.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

I understand there are some old t-shirts available.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post