well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It's a sh*t show
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's a sh*t show
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
Anyone trying to track the Iowa caucuses? What a disaster. This may be the death knell for Iowa's primaries going forward.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Glad I didn’t stay up for it.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
There will be far less of an Iowa bounce the later these come.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
They missed their news cycle.

Today’s story is ‘Iowa DNC sucks ass’
Tonight and tomorrow’s story is SOTU
Tomorrow night and Thursday it’s the senate vote.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/DNC/status/1224456542478462977

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Unintended positive side-effect ... perhaps the Democratic party will tell Iowa to take its caucus and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This heading made me laugh out loud this morning

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Unintended positive side-effect ... perhaps the Democratic party will tell Iowa to take its caucus and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Hopefully

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And the I-1 campaign is tweeting disinformation about the Iowa caucuses and twitter says such posts do not violate their rules.

https://gizmodo.com/twitter-ad...tion-disi-1841440698

FFS.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Do you want to live in a world where people have to submit proof before declaring something rigged on twitter?

Especially since the concept is so malleable.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Is it so unbelievable that it is rigged? See 2016. I don't think the DNC is any more enamored of Bernie than they were then.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Well, by the I-1 standard, the Iowa Democratic Caucus is rigged because he didn't win.

He clearly said that the only way he could lose the general in 2016 was if the election was rigged. Which it was. In his favor. And he's spent the last three years covering up the evidence.

I do want to live in a world where people are held accountable for publicly broadcasting misinformation, like the bit about there being more registered voters than eligible citizens. The Republicans have become masters of this crap: constantly keep the other side wasting their time refuting the bvllsh!t you are spewing so they never have time to present their own messages. Obama was born in Kenya and all that. Swiftboat and all that. Kiddy sex ring in the basement of a pizza place (that doesn't even have a basement) and all that.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Is it so unbelievable that it is rigged? See 2016. I don't think the DNC is any more enamored of Bernie than they were then.

The new procedures they were using were at Bernie's request.

Honestly, I don't understand this need to throw these accusations into the mix. Good old incompetence usually explains most problems accurately.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

The new procedures they were using were at Bernie's request.

Honestly, I don't understand this need to throw these accusations into the mix. Good old incompetence usually explains most problems accurately.
I think you have it nailed this time. But let's be honest - if this was a Republican caucus the accusations of rigging would be the same. At some point you just need to tune out the shriekers.

God, I wish he'd quit tweeting.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post