well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It's getting close.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's getting close.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
A friend just sent me text telling me that a co-worker's wife tested positive Monday. She works at our local pet shop, where we were about to go, to get some dog food. Other employees there have also tested positive.

I ordered the dog food, online.

My friend works at a machine shop where nobody wears a mask or practices any social distancing at all.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Do these people follow Trumpist science-denial, or have they consciously decided that they simply don't care if they come down with the disease.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My neighbors have a vacation home in northern Wisconsin. They were up there last week and said that basically no one is wearing a mask; bars are packed. My friends are not going to restaurants or bars, but that's what they're hearing from others up there.

My neighbor did have to go to the grocery store up there and said a local guy came walking towards her, mocking and laughing at her because she was wearing a mask. A bunch of other people in the store came over immediately and the guy backed off.

Scary stuff.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I had to take the car in for some maintenance and I was the only person wearing a mask. I made sure to use the N95 knowing I was entering this place. I need to go back with the other car, soon.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
I had to take the car in for some maintenance and I was the only person wearing a mask. I made sure to use the N95 knowing I was entering this place. I need to go back with the other car, soon.

Where did you find N95s?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:

Where did you find N95s?

+1

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing them returning online but have heard locally that they are often available at paint supply or auto supply stores...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I have a 3m N95 construction type from before the virus ever hit. It has been used two or three or more times.

I just ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/COVAFLU...d=1595549052&sr=8-16

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've been getting the surgical-type masks from https://primodentalproducts.com/collections/masks

Level 1, 2 and 3 - They go in and out of stock, so just check back often. Looks like they just have the basic and level 2 today.

2 and 3 pretty much equal the filtering of the KN95 masks.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 3m N95 construction type from before the virus ever hit. It has been used two or three or more times.

I just ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/COVAFLU...d=1595549052&sr=8-16

Thank you. I just ordered them too. Too many stories of folks I know going to family reunions and political meetings. I mostly stay home. But I think it will get worse here before it gets better. Lots of people are ignoring the governor's order to wear masks. These will be good to have on hand during riskier situations.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The word from family up in Door County, WI is that with so many folks there from IL, mask-wearing is almost universal. They have eaten outdoors at places and haven't ventured indoors for food or drink...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mr SK tends to do the grocery shopping in the morning, and since our town enacted a mask ordinance (and the big stores starting implementing mask rules for all their stores), he has seen the rate of mask compliance really jump up. On his most recent trip, he said there was a guy in front of him about to go into the store, but the guy suddenly stopped (of his own accord) and said "ah, mask" or something and went back to his car.

It seems that morning shoppers are more compliant, though, bc my friends on FB post that they see a lot of mask-less shoppers at other times of the day.

Sigh.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the mask sources.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A neighbor in Colorado has a fever. It is up to 99.9 today.
She was tested 5 days ago. The results are running 10-12 days and backlogged.
She went to Springfield, Missouri to watch her grandchildren while her daughter was busy.
Her daughter had something she brushed off as a mild thing. Her daughter's husband is anti-mask and works at Bass Pro stores.
My neighbor and her husband are retired. They were very careful before the trip.

I have learned that she was tested July 3. The backlog continues to grow. No results yet.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, CHAS that's horrible.

It's great for places where the testing has a reasonable turn-around time, but otherwise, this delayed results thing is a huge problem.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post