well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    AOC is a joke
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AOC is a joke
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's really tough to please the people who want Ukraine to avoid national destruction and cultural genocide and the people who really don't give a rats behind about that... or who think it's all a US plot to dismember Great Russia.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Odd bedfellows with the far right who are making the same noises.

When Kevin McCarthy is back in power in the House, all bets are off.

A good thread ...

on the damage these "oh if only we could just sit down and negotiate" arguments are doing.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...rats-ukraine-letter/

"Liberal Democrats withdraw letter to Biden that urged him to rethink Ukraine strategy"

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Daniel, what is your issue with certain young women? First it was that student accused of murder in Italy, then it was the gal who married Prince Harry, and now it is this extraordinarily articulate young woman from the Bronx who made it to Congress despite heavy odds against her. I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Not defending any of them one way or the other, but this seems to be a trigger for you.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...rats-ukraine-letter/

"Liberal Democrats withdraw letter to Biden that urged him to rethink Ukraine strategy"

Some of those D's realized how toxic their signature might become, so they found their voice ... "oh, that was back in June and ..."

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Daniel, what is your issue with certain young women? First it was that student accused of murder in Italy, then it was the gal who married Prince Harry, and now it is this extraordinarily articulate young woman from the Bronx who made it to Congress despite heavy odds against her. I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Not defending any of them one way or the other, but this seems to be a trigger for you.

piqué, The key word in your post is, "certain." I reject your insinuation, and quite frankly find it disappointing. I never expected this kind of personal attack from you. I guess I will chalk it up to the fact you seem to be insenced because I strongly disagree with you about the war in Ukraine. I think the comparison of Putin to Hitler is not apt.

But if you must know, I have an interest in true crime. I researched the murder of Meredith Kercher. My interest in the case was due to the fact Meredith and her family were denied justice. Amanda Knox's family hired a PR firm and the MSM read its talking points. In the mean time, the Italian mafias corrupted the Italian judicial process. Knox's co-defendant was from a mafia family. His lawyer had been the lawyer of an infamously corrupt ex-president of Italy. They were so close, she even inherited the office where he worked before he passed. So you are wrong on this one. I explained many times on this board my interest was in Meredith Kercher, the victim in this case, the fact she was denied justice, and the fact there was a smear campaign involving her memory, not Amanda Knox.

I have had an interest in the UK royal family for thirty years. I was one of the people who cried when Diana died, watched the television for a week, watched the five hour funeral, and then watched it a second time on YouTube. I have recently explained clearly and in detail what I think about Meghan Markle, her character, and her agenda. If it's not a pretty picture, that's life.

AOC is a carreist fraud as evidenced by the fact she does the exact opposite of what she said she would do when she was running and immediately after her election. I have always had an interest in politics and I am particularly interested in NY politics because I did a lot of my growing up there.

You owe me an apology.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Daniel, I'm not sure what you think I am insinuating, so not sure what I would be apologizing for. I *was* disappointed in your views on Ukraine. That is a different topic. In the case of all these three women I have been struck by your vehemence against them, which comes across as so remarkably strong, it's hard not to wonder why. (That's the only thing I think they have in common, afaik).

And you don't owe me an answer. Maybe it's just reflecting back to you how you have come across.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
piqué, It's not what you think they might have in common. It's that you attributed certain positive attributes to them and then said you were seeing a pattern on my part based on what you wrote.

You should know me well enough by now to know I'm not a misogynist, really.

As far as my tone being vehement, maybe it is the wrong register, lo siento mucho, but you should know me well enough to know that it's passion at its heart.

And, it makes me sad to have to say it, but you were definitely criticizing my content as well as my tone.

I admire your superior ability with words which far exceeds my own.

I guess I should thank you for envoking a sense of pathos in me today.

Catharsis is good.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
okay, daniel. yes, it is both tone and content. i have not passed judgment on you. i am mystified as to why so much passionate outrage is evoked in you by these women. i would not have thought you a misogynist. i see you treating me and other women here with respect.

again, you don't owe me an answer.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I accidentally deleted my post while editing but I'm sure you had time to read it.

You wouldn't have thought me a misogynist because I'm not one.

You asked me a question. I answered it adequately enough in my post above.

I did not decide to analyze or criticise these women, public figures, because they are women.

If you're still mystified, that's on you.