well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine doesn't work and they're not telling you
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine doesn't work and they're not telling you
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
The numbers, currently, are quite small, but potentially could get larger as more reports come in.

But ... I’m happy to let the public health officials do their jobs and make the best decisions for everyone’s health. I just hope they are taking into account the possibility that the “pause” will cause more vaccine hesitancy among those who already skeptical.

A two edged sword for sure. and I agree.

On the other hand, withholding the data and reports of injury, pushing forward against the science, and then getting caught covering it up, would be far worse.

Let's not let science become its own worst enemy like religion and politics.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
The numbers, currently, are quite small, but potentially could get larger as more reports come in.

But ... I’m happy to let the public health officials do their jobs and make the best decisions for everyone’s health. I just hope they are taking into account the possibility that the “pause” will cause more vaccine hesitancy among those who already skeptical.

A two edged sword for sure. and I agree.

On the other hand, withholding the data and reports of injury, pushing forward against the science, and then getting caught covering it up, would be far worse.

Let's not let science become its own worst enemy like religion and politics.

What Mark said. ^^^

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Philip Bump's Little Cost/Benefit Simulation

Philip Bump nicely visualizes the tradeoffs from pausing the J&J vaccine. Lots of blue dots (lives saved by giving J&J). Not many red dots (lives lost to lightning-strike blood clots). Red dots are identifiable people. Blue dots are hypotheticals ... statistical lives saved. They're real, but invisible. You can't point a finger at Jill Doe and say, "you're the one who died or got sick because a J&J appointment you hadn't yet even thought about never happened."

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post