well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine doesn't work and they're not telling you
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine doesn't work and they're not telling you
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Tucker Carlson talking about the J&J pause.

quote:
A vocal vaccine skeptic for months now, Carlson pounced on that alarming news Tuesday night, taking the opportunity to openly speculate that the White House and government agencies know that the vaccines are ineffective and dangerous but are hiding that fact from the American people.

Seeking to couch his skepticism by positioning himself as “pro-vaccine,” as he's said in the past, Carlson began his monologue by declaratively stating about the vaccines: “We are not against it on principle. Like every American, we are grateful.”

quote:
“In its story about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine this morning, Axios reported the Biden administration is worried that halting distribution of the shot might encourage ‘vaccine hesitancy,’” Carlson declared. “In other words, don’t tell them it’s dangerous, they might not take it. That doesn’t reassure anyone.”

Adding that this leads to the question of whether “it is effective” and “does it work,” the Fox News star asserted that public health officials are no longer “telling you how effective it is” and are, in fact, “they are telling you the opposite.”

From there, Carlson appeared to suggest there must be some conspiracy behind the CDC director and Dr. Fauci suggesting people continue to wear masks and social distance even among those currently vaccinated, especially in areas with rising coronavirus cases. He further took issue with Fauci recommending that vaccinated individuals stay away from crowded situations where infection levels are high.

“Does that tell us that he believes the vaccine is ineffective?” Carlson rhetorically asked. “He seems to think that. Here he is telling you that once you get the vaccine, you are still not allowed to eat or drink indoors at restaurants. Your life can't really change at all.”

According to the cable news host, who Fox News lawyers have successfully argued in court should not be taken seriously, the only possible rationalization for the continued cautiousness from experts amid the vaccine rollout is that the vaccines are a dud.

“Experts say it is not entirely clear when it will be considered okay for people who are fully vaccinated to stop wearing masks,” he stated. “At some point, no one is asking this but everyone should be, what is this about? If vaccines work, why are vaccinated people still banned from living normal lives? Honestly, what's the answer to that, it doesn't make any sense at all!”

Carlson continued: “If the vaccine is effective, there’s no reason for people who’ve received a vaccine to wear masks or avoid physical contact. So maybe it doesn’t work and they’re simply not telling you that. Well, you’d hate to think that especially if you’ve gotten two shots but what’s the other potential explanation? We can’t think of one.”

Video here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...not-telling-you-that

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37913 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
This is not a helpful point of view to say the least.

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
So I went "to Google" this.

Yes, the FDA has paused the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

This one wasn't offered to me.

Still, I wonder if and when the FDA will start it again. I bet they will and soon.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This article was talking about the AstraZeneca vaccine rather than the J&J, but there have been reports of clotting issues with both of them. It lists a whole bunch of ways people can get clots from meds they take or lifestyle choices.

While the mechanisms of action may differ, just looking at the probabilities of clotting events occurring is instructive:

https://www.newsweek.com/astra...king-flights-1581940

Vaccine-induced thrombocytopenia is not a new thing; it happens with other vaccines. All eyes are on the COVID vaccines for a lot of reasons, so of course they're getting all the attention.

They seem to be getting close to understanding how the clots happen and how to treat them. If that's the case, I think you're right and the pause will be lifted.

Nothing in life is guaranteed to be safe. These vaccines are no different.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37913 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I've said it before... I'll say it again: When Reagan killed The Fairness Doctrine, the greater loss was losing the concept that the public airwaves can only be used to serve the public good.

Spreading lies and propaganda like this does not serve the public good.

Someone needs to stuff a few dirty socks in Carlson's mouth and wrap it in duct tape. He is beyond revolting. He is just plain dangerous to public health.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It seems like the same type of person that cites COVID as having a 98% recovery rate (2% death rate) is quick to jump on a 1 in a million serious complication rate for this particular vaccine...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Carlson is an idiot. Sadly, his is one of the most watched shows on television.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Six people out of 7,000,000 doses given in the US? I'd take tomorrow but for the halt and the fact it wasn't offered to me.

https://youtu.be/NHwwe6GYj0o

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Carlson is an idiot. Sadly, his is one of the most watched shows on television.

Jf

ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN... Faux News... If 17% of the country watches Faux and the rest divide evenly among the other five choices, Faux is the most-watched program.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
People also get blood clots and die from COVID.

Carlson’s persona seems incapable of seeing a spectrum between 0% effective and 100% effective. I say persona because I have no reason to think he believes what he says.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
From someone’s Twitter thread:

quote:
For scale, pls keep in mind:

—About one in every 588 Americans have died of COVID (562K of 331 million ppl)

—About one in 10 Americans have been infected w COVID (31 million of 331 million)

—About 1 in a million who got J & J have had blood clots— just 6 ppl out of 6 million

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
"—About one in every 588 Americans have died of COVID (562K of 331 million ppl)"

Wow.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
A couple of things.

First Tucker Carlson is a fool.

Second, I’ve think there is reason to be concerned about the issue of safety with the vaccines. I do not think it is in anyone’s best interest to pretend that the issue of blood clotting complications is not of concern. I am not persuaded that determining the safety and efficacy of any medication or vaccine is as simple as saying that they are OK if the thing they are designed to prevent might be worse. That has never been the standard. And I also think that the people like Tucker Carlson make a good point that if it appears that the safety question is not being taken seriously, it will undermine vaccine acceptance.

Throughout the pandemic, many people here and elsewhere have said we need to trust the science and trust the experts. Well, the experts seem to think that this level of blood clotting complication for a vaccine that is being delivered under an emergency use authorization is concerning enough to warrant a pause. So why are those same people questioning that?

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The numbers, currently, are quite small, but potentially could get larger as more reports come in.

But ... I’m happy to let the public health officials do their jobs and make the best decisions for everyone’s health. I just hope they are taking into account the possibility that the “pause” will cause more vaccine hesitancy among those who already skeptical.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And, there were stories that the J&J vaccine was being pushed to underserved and minority communities (either because it was less effective or that it required less management to get people back for a second shot).

So, the underserved get screwed again.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com