well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Obama's speaking up - loudly - about the dangers of social media

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's speaking up - loudly - about the dangers of social media
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Conspiracy theories greatest threat to democracy

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Not only online social media - I believe conservative talk radio first went in that direction, followed by entertainment news...

To a lot of people who listen or watch daily, those forms of media shape their view of the world today.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I maintain that the entire media environment needs a major legal overhaul. We need to break up all the media monopolies, be they print, broadcast, or social. And the licensing agreements need to require them to adhere to basic journalistic standards of accuracy and fairness.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post