well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My Neighbor is Sick with COVID
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Neighbor is Sick with COVID
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
That just reinforces my feelings that there are so many people that speak and act out about a myriad of issues without empathy until it becomes personal. Gay marriage, care for the poor and immigrants, climate change, health insurance... just a host of issues that may never become personal to them, so there ends up being so many taking hard-line hurtful positions. sigh

Agreed.

However, if they come around in the end, it's better than not.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
[Agreed.

However, if they come around in the end, it's better than not.

Same here. I will take it.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Neighbor must be feeling better, he is posting every few hours with very humorous (and very realistic) posts. Blow by blows on what it is like to be a COVID patient (folks don't stop by to see how you are).

But his gratitude as well. He posted all of us, by name, neighbors and friends who have been putting in to take care of his house and look after his friend who is quarantining in his house. Very sweet...

However, he did post that another of his friends was admitted to ICU in the same hospital yesterday, she posted a photo of herself to confirm.

I recognized her immediately and went back to past posts to confirm...Yup...She is in the group of friends vacationing and eating out on the Cape with my neighbor.

Frowner

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
And just now...My neighbor's friend who has been house sitting since the end of June, then taking care of my neighbor...had tested positive...
He is living in my neighbor's house..taking care of the cat and gardens...He was tested last week as negative, but today got the positive result..He says his symptoms are mild...

All of us surrounding me are older folks who live alone...We try to reach out as many of us are alone with little contact from family for days..a dangerous thing these days..

MillCityGrows.org

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Wow BeeLady, I am so sorry to hear that it is hitting so close to home.

Stay safe!

Posts: 13626 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
Wow BeeLady, I am so sorry to hear that it is hitting so close to home.

Stay safe!

The saddest for me is that I have never met "A". He has kept to the house and not come out to talk....I have only texts with him..a lovely man...He is young, in good shape, but a smoker...we shall see.

I pointed out to him that most of us neighbors are in our 60s or older and live alone...We try to check in with each other or point out odd things in the hopes that all is ok.

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Neighbor said his goodbyes to all today as they prepared to intubate him. Frowner

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, my. Not the news I’d hoped for.

Frowner

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh no. How scary. Hopefully he will have a successful outcome.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Neighbor said his goodbyes to all today as they prepared to intubate him. Frowner

Oh no...

Sad

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Oh no! I hope he pulls through. How sad.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There’s still hope. They’ve gotten better at achieving some positive outcomes with ventilators. Body positioning, for example.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh dear.

I'm sorry to hear it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
There’s still hope. They’ve gotten better at achieving some positive outcomes with ventilators. Body positioning, for example.

This.

Here's hoping (again) for a successful outcome for your neighbor, BL

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Poor man! Hoping for a good outcome. MA healthcare is excellent overall and they have so much more experience in treating COVID now.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post