well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So my daughters thermometer has quit working.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So my daughters thermometer has quit working.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
She lives in Portland, no car. She is in grad school, they are asking everybody who can go home to do so (she lives in a dorm) She can stay (she needs to, she ride public transportation for an hour each way to Costco to work on the weekends. She can’t find a new thermometer, PSU has said they will not accept any packages in the mailroom of her dorm for at least a month. And she cant find a battery for the old thermometer either(its a weird size) So I can’t order one on amazon and send it to her. She’s not sick, but it would be nice for her to be able to monitor her temp i she get sick... Geeze. Nina - do you have an extra thermometer?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I have never wished more that I had kept my old fashioned glass large animal rectal thermometers than I do now. Was seriously looking through the kitchen drawers wondering if a meat thermometer would work. Jesus.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Where local can you send one? PO box of friend? Stick one in padded envelop so that it is not a package?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Can she get one at dr office?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Welcome to wtg's House of Thermometers. No batteries required.

This is embarrassing...I have no idea why, but my Mom had a bunch of thermometers in the drawer of her bathroom vanity. When I moved everything out when the condo sold in 2018, I put all the thermometers in *my* bathroom vanity because I didn't want to throw out mercury thermometers.

Is there someone in Portland I can send one to so she can get it?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Not sure sending mercury thermometers through the mail is a good idea Big Grin. But you gave me an idea - if I can find the battery for her thermometer, I can probably send it in a letter, as it will be really small.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was thinking I could send it in a box to a WTFer, or maybe one of her Costco co-workers? And then they could connect with her?

Anyway, keep me in mind if nothing else works out.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What size is the battery? ....Costco sells hearing aid batteries. $10 for forty batteries; she could donate what she doesn't need to the Lions. I think they may have a box at the hearing aid center.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’ll ask her.

Smiler Jodi

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I don't have an extra thermometer. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure where our ancient thermometer even is! But I think I can order one or buy one and deliver it to her--but it will take a few days.

Let me do some more research....

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Muffin's sister felt a little warm this afternoon. She couldn't get a thermometer locally and she couldn't order one on Amazon. Couldn't get any Tylenol, either.

I freaked out a little and ran to UPS to rush her a thermometer. I threw a baggie with a few Tylenols in it, too.

Hy the time I got home, her angelic friends had combed the Phoenix area and found one. They couldn't find her any regular Tylenol, but they got her some Tylenol PM. I told her to hang onto my thermometer in case one of her angelic friends needed it. The Tylenol will be useful if she needs it, because it doesn't seem good to be sleepy all day and night. It would make it hard to hydrate and take care of yourself.

Oh, who am I kidding? Her tough start in life left her with some unknown degree of scarring in her lungs. If she gets sick, I'll be in a car driving down there.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Cant find one that's available to order. I assume she's checked the new CVS on the corner of 4th & Harrison?

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
MA, keep us posted on how she’s doing!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18429 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Oh, who am I kidding? Her tough start in life left her with some unknown degree of scarring in her lungs. If she gets sick, I'll be in a car driving down there.

I think I was consciously aware of this before you were. Smiler

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Cant find one that's available to order. I assume she's checked the new CVS on the corner of 4th & Harrison?
I couldn’t either. She thinks she may be able to use a different kind of battery. Who ever thought we’d run out of thermometers! Effing hell.

Smiler Jodi