Find
Notify
Tools

Ritz
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted
The last few boxes of Ritz "Crackers" I purchased have been a major disappointment. They can't stand up to the gentlest of handling before crumbling to pieces. I remember being able to spread peanut butter on them. Forget it. So I decided to search the www and it turns out I'm not the only one to notice, it sounds like they might have changed the recipe (like perhaps introducing more air into them, cheaper product same price--the American way after all).

Requiem for Ritz Crackers, welcome Ritz Crumblers.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
RIP, Ritz Crackers.

Posts: 24641 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I used to buy them for the boy and noticed the same thing.

I prefer Carr's water crackers now. They'll hold up to peanut butter easily. Fewer calories and carbs too.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Same here...no fun any more

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much of the cost of a box of Ritz crackers is the cost of crackers themselves. I'd expect it to be a very low percentage and daresay the box costs more.

Brand management is a strange thing.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34833 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post