well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Is Pence safe?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Pence safe?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
https://nymag.com/intelligence...anger-for-trump.html

I wouldn't put it past Trump to dump Pence. Good reality TV and distraction.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Are you thinking "drop the dull white guy and add the brown woman Haley ... that'll shake things up!"

Well, yes, that would indeed shake things up ... by pissing off the only reliable part of his base. Pence gives Trump street cred among conservative evangelicals. I'm having a difficult time imagining anyone else on the ticket who passes a cost-benefit test.

Then again, Trump follows his own genius hunches, so who knows what the f**k he'll do.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I don't think Haley would do it.

What about Rubio?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You mean Liddle Marco?

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Trump follows his own genius hunches, so who knows what the f**k he'll do.

That's the problem with analysis. You apply logic and rigorous thinking, and then you have to confront the fact that you're talking about Trump.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
...as long as he doesn't dine with woman. Leaving

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I would first hope that Pence clinging so fiercely to I-1's coattails (calling him "father"???) has torpedoed Pence's chance of being elected President. But the white evangelical voters are a loyal bunch, so I wouldn't bet on that.

Being VP -- especially for two terms -- is a good way to get elected President. (Even better, being VP for a few days more than six years, then taking over for a dead President, then you are the incumbent *and* you can serve a further two full terms.)

So, I hope even more vigorously that I-1 jettison's Pence.

The problem with Pence is that he has a track record of getting stuff done (as Governor)... but the stuff he wants to get done is not what we want... he would turn the country into a theocracy, impose Christian Sharia law, and basically take us back to the Middle Ages as a society and culture. No, thank you.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
The problem with Pence is that he has a track record of getting stuff done (as Governor)... but the stuff he wants to get done is not what we want... he would turn the country into a theocracy, impose Christian Sharia law, and basically take us back to the Middle Ages as a society and culture. No, thank you.

I bet he wouldn't really do that.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Pence is worse than Trump...

Oh, wait a minute...hmmm, let me think on that a little more...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

I bet he wouldn't really do that.
Maybe you need to read up on what he "accomplished" as governor of Indiana. He will work with all the vigor God gave him to move the U.S. as far down that path as he can.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Pence is worse than Trump...

Oh, wait a minute...hmmm, let me think on that a little more...
Like saying gonorrhea is worse than syphilis. Both are horrible, but in different ways.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com