well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    An outbreak, a COVID test, and back to work tomorrow

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An outbreak, a COVID test, and back to work tomorrow
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted
My school was in “outbreak” (which in a public setting here is defined as any spread - minimum of 2 cases - in a setting... we only had three confirmed cases). Two cases in my class, so 14 days ago my class and the other grade 3/4 class (we play with them at recess) were sent home. COVID test last Friday for me, with a negative result. I’m back to work in the classroom tomorrow.

Of the three known cases, only one (the first) was symptomatic. But both classes and all staff in contact were required to do 14 days in isolation and get tested, so that’s where the other two positives came from.

Of the schools in outbreak in the area, we got off easy. My friend is the principal of a school that had to be shut down because their outbreak spread. Luckily we haven’t had any serious illness as a result of school spread locally. Not yet, anyway.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear you're ok!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37761 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post