Notify
Tools

Turo
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Have you sen this?

Uber wounded the rental car business badly but this service, if it sticks around, should finish them off.

Some have unlimited mileage allowance with free pickup and delivery, and I can't believe how cheap they are.

Turo

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I really like the idea of a car sharing app. My son used them all the time when he was a student. The ones he used were Modo and evo. Both may be only in Canada. I think he used evo more frequently because it's one-way--you drive to wherever you're doing, and just park and walk away. There are enough of them around I don't recall him having problems finding a return nearby.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to read the article.

We used car sharing exclusively the whole time I was in grad school. I don’t know if they still do it this way, but the set up was that you used the car and returned it to its parking spot. It “lived” in the grad student apartment complex where we lived. It was sooo convenient! And very cost effective.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18431 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Never seen this before. We'll be in NM for a month and the rental car fee would be substantial.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post