well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Scientific analysis of the Nevada Democratic caucus’s early vote turnout.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scientific analysis of the Nevada Democratic caucus’s early vote turnout.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted
Damn, there sure were a sh*tload of people in line today…

(There are 15 early voting locations in my county, and you can vote any one of four days. I got through the line in about two hours, but the line as I was leaving the building was about twice as long. I heard that lineson the first day were 3 1/2 to 4 hours long)

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, joy. Combination of facepalm and VeryAngry

https://www.politico.com/news/...a-caucus-mess-115437

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

The workers at the polls were talking about this. They were pretty emphatic that they did not think it was true, but we shall see. They seemed pretty organized today. They only let me vote once…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
awww carp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

The workers at the polls were talking about this. They were pretty emphatic that they did not think it was true, but we shall see. They seemed pretty organized today. They only let me vote once…

Vote once. *snort*

I have to admit that "this is planted fake news designed to embarrass the Dems" was my first thought, but it seemed too easy to debunk.

It's gonna be a rocky election season, no matter what.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
CA has gone to mail-in ballots.

I’m a fan. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Doug.

Re:

"In interviews, three caucus volunteers described serious concerns about rushed preparations for the Feb. 22 election, including insufficient training for a newly-adopted electronic vote-tally system and confusing instructions on how to administer the caucuses."

Really?

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No, not really. Once again the pundits have stirred up a bunch of controversy where none needs exist.

The Nevada system has a paper backup. All they need to do is count the paper ballots and they’re good. Might take an extra day.

No big deal.

That said, the caucus system needs to go away.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
As a side note, I am encouraged by the turnout. ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Poll: Bernie Sanders holds 19% lead in Nevada.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...-lead-in-nevada-poll

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm very disappointed. At this point, I guess I'm hoping for a contested convention.

I don't like Bernie. I don't like his supporters. I think Trump would crush Bernie in the general election.

But, regardless, I'll #votebluenomatterwho.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned for Super Tuesday....

From Daniel's politico article: “He’s going to win with 28 percent of the vote. We’re not talking about him getting 50 percent of the vote,” said Andres Ramirez, a Nevada-based Democratic strategist and former vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee’s Hispanic Caucus. “But the rest of the field is so fragmented, and he has his base locked, that he can continue winning just by holding onto his base.”

(my bold) Some of these folks need to drop out.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Stay tuned for Super Tuesday....

From Daniel's politico article: “He’s going to win with 28 percent of the vote. We’re not talking about him getting 50 percent of the vote,” said Andres Ramirez, a Nevada-based Democratic strategist and former vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee’s Hispanic Caucus. “But the rest of the field is so fragmented, and he has his base locked, that he can continue winning just by holding onto his base.”

(my bold) Some of these folks need to drop out.

There are reasons they don't. The reasons have to do with personal agendas, usually; they think they have future prospects, they want to build a national profile, or they want to hold onto their delegates to trade for something (a platform plank, a Cabinet post, whatever).

The point is, as long as a majority doesn't belong to Bernie, they can (eventually) coalesce behind one non-Bernie candidate.

And then watch the Bernie supporters go apesh!t, even though they were never more than a minority.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
And then watch the Bernie supporters go apesh!t, even though they were never more than a minority.[/QUOTE]

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post