well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Larrivee Forum VI Guitar
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Larrivee Forum VI Guitar
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Six days from the first day that it was "Out for Delivery".

OMG that is the worst! I would have had a heart attack!!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It's here! happydance

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Finally!

That's quite a trip it took. I've seen a number of my purchases that went Fed Ex do something similar. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on.

Did you set a timer to remind you to open it tomorrow? Wink

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
The time is etched into my brain. No timer is necessary. Big Grin

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
It's glorious!

Side by side with my now 4.5 year old LV-10 European Alpine Moon Spruce top. The LV-10 has darkened just a bit.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yay! happydance

How does it sound? Feel?

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, mark! Can't wait for you to post a video of you playing it......

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Yay! happydance

How does it sound? Feel?

It has almost unlimited overhead. Very difficult if not impossible to get it to distort at all. Super clear voice, very balanced with a slightly emphasized bass frequency range due to the design of the bracing and the fact that it is a 12 fret body join. That moves the bridge farther away from the sound hole which also tends to emphasize the bass.

It sounds wonderful!

And the setup is just about perfect. Plays very nice. The neck is super smooth.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have you put the guitar down since you got it? Did you sleep last night?

Big Grin

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has almost unlimited overhead. Very difficult if not impossible to get it to distort at all. Super clear voice, very balanced with a slightly emphasized bass frequency range due to the design of the bracing and the fact that it is a 12 fret body join. That moves the bridge farther away from the sound hole which also tends to emphasize the bass.

It sounds wonderful!

And the setup is just about perfect. Plays very nice. The neck is super smooth.

That is awesome!! Having a really superb instrument is so motivating and makes playing so, so satisfying!!

Will you be recording??

Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Have you put the guitar down since you got it? Did you sleep last night?

Big Grin

I have actually. As good as my callouses are, I was starting to reach the pain threshold. lol

Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

That is awesome!! Having a really superb instrument is so motivating and makes playing so, so satisfying!!

Will you be recording??

It really is very satisfying to have quality instruments.

Soon. I hope. I still need to work out the recording details. It might be a while before I have an opportunity to dedicate the time to do that.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
After posting in Amanda's insurance thread, I have to ask:

Do you carry a special insurance rider to cover your instruments in the event to a catastrophe? Did you add the new guitar?

It's such a beautiful thing I'd want it covered at 100% plus.

Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
After posting in Amanda's insurance thread, I have to ask:

Do you carry a special insurance rider to cover your instruments in the event to a catastrophe? Did you add the new guitar?

It's such a beautiful thing I'd want it covered at 100% plus.

My homeowner's policy covers everything but I do have a $1,000 deductible.

I have been thinking about dedicated musical instrument insurance ever since getting the LV-10 50th Anniversary Guitar. I just never pulled the trigger on it.

I am at Heritage Insurance filling out the RFQ now. https://musicins.com/