well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Want to go to Tucson - Drive or Fly?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to go to Tucson - Drive or Fly?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A trip to Europe is off the table.

quote:
Most travelers from the United States will be barred from entering the European Union after it reopens its borders Wednesday because the coronavirus is still far too prevalent in the U.S., European officials announced Tuesday.

The E.U.'s 27 members have been drawing up a list of countries whose virus levels are deemed low enough to allow people from those places to travel into the bloc, which has been mostly sealed off since March.

That list of safe countries was officially announced in a statement from the Council of the E.U. on Tuesday. The U.S. — which has the most coronavirus cases and deaths in the world — was not on it.

The 15 countries that did make the list are: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay.

China will also be included on the list if it allows entry to E.U. travelers in return.

The list will be reviewed every two weeks and may be updated if the coronavirus situation in other countries improves or worsens, the E.U. statement said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w...us-concerns-n1232333

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37744 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Explains a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
You want to fly?

quote:
But Trump said Wednesday he has nothing against mask-wearing, though he said there is no need for a national mandate despite a sharp rise in coronavirus cases.

“Actually, I had a mask on. I sort of liked the way I looked, OK? I thought it was OK,” Trump told Fox Business. “It was a dark, black mask, and I thought it looked OK. Looked like the Lone Ranger. But, no, I have no problem with that. I think — and if people feel good about it, they should do it.”

quote:
‘If you “looked like the Lone Ranger,” you had it on wrong,’ one Twitter user notes

https://www.marketwatch.com/st...with-that-2020-07-01

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37744 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
‘If you “looked like the Lone Ranger,” you had it on wrong,’ one Twitter user notes

Lol.

Posts: 24636 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Our hiking ladies had a hiking trip planned for France for late July/August..We decided early on to cancel..many in the group are in public health, one is an infectious disease researcher at Harvard (she is currently working on remdesivir with a cocktail of drugs).

Three of our group live in Switzerland, two of whom are US Citizens. They cannot come to the US to make visits as they will not be able to return home to Geneva. Frowner

We took a vote and decided to allow the family hotels we had booked to just keep our deposits...They need the money way more than we do. Yes

We will try again in 2021!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Trail heads in Colorado are jammed with hikers.
Don reported that at one spot cars were parked on the interstate exit next to the large trail head parking lot.
The pent up demand for the outdoors has exploded.
Will not be going home to Colorado for a few weeks while Bob recovers.
Too hot to hike or bike in Tucson, too crowded in Colorado. Today is cool enough to go to the neighbors pool, but that is being drained.
humpf

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25668 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post