well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Well, this is a different sort of beauty pageant...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, this is a different sort of beauty pageant...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Miss Virginia and her Chemstry Demo

Great publicity for Va Tech and VCU.

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I love the lab coat+statement earrings look!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18316 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Not to mention heels ... Big Grin

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
As Miss Virginia, Schrier will travel the state promoting her social impact initiative, Mind Your Meds, which aims to help educate and spread awareness about prescription drug safety.

ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Not to mention heels ... Big Grin
1. She’s probably still playing catch-up to our resident chemical engineering beauty queen.

2. Heels are not bad per se (comes down to stability and floor type), but open toe footwear does not offer much protection in the event of spills; and her demo was expected to spill.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12681 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
open toe footwear

Right, and she's not wearing open-toed shoes...

Having said that:
quote:
Heels are not bad per se

OMG yes they are. Have you ever tried to run in a pair? Or even just stand around? Ugh. They are so bad for your feet, and for your back. My body hurts just thinking about it!
Ole

Posts: 18316 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think this is beyond awesome.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
She makes safety glasses hot.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13521 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
open toe footwear

Right, and she's not wearing open-toed shoes...
My bad, meant to say "open top" footwear, as it footwear that does not cover the top of the feet.

quote:
Having said that:
quote:
Heels are not bad per se

OMG yes they are. Have you ever tried to run in a pair? Or even just stand around? Ugh. They are so bad for your feet, and for your back. My body hurts just thinking about it!
Depends on the heels. Men's formal shoes have heels too. I just allow for more types of heels than just stiletto. Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12681 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Depends on the heels.

Good point, let me rephrase: high-heeled women's shoes, which in addition to a too-high (>2 inches) and narrow heel also lack arch support or, as you note, much foot coverage at all, are bad for anyone's feet.

Ole

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
When I taught skiing classes I would always ask, "How many of you can dance in high heels?"
The women would raise their hands and some joking guys would always have to raise a hand and laugh.
I believe that anyone that can dance in high heels can learn to ski well.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
Depends on the heels.

Good point, let me rephrase: high-heeled women's shoes, which in addition to a too-high (>2 inches) and narrow heel also lack arch support or, as you note, much foot coverage at all, are bad for anyone's feet.

Ole
A small step up from foot binding.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13521 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post