well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Erdogan's losing in important local elections - may lead to greater things

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Erdogan's losing in important local elections - may lead to greater things
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
That means, for me, losing much more. Fingers crossed.

He already lost Ankara. Just found out in post from Turkish family friend. (Istanbul is still contested.)

https://www.reuters.com/articl...sputed-idUSKCN1RD130

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
So you think Erdogan should be retained? Curious as to why. I've not been following the Turkey happenings in awhile.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
So you think Erdogan should be retained? Curious as to why. I've not been following the Turkey happenings in awhile.

No no, no! Syntactic scrambling or something led you to read my meaning as the opposite of what I intended. (SHould I have written "many" - meaning cities - instead of "much"?).

I meant that having already lost the three major Turkish cities (Ankara, Istanbul and Izmir), I hoped they would finally losethe whole country.

As in subject line of thread, the "greater things" references my hope that after his sixteen years in power, he and his party would finally be voted out (although I find it difficult to believe his election really IS determined by democratic processes).

I utterly despise him as does everyone in my Turkish family by marriage!! (Wondering what's happening there now. Haven't had time to check the news today being busy with CA son's all too short visit.) Just happened to stop by online for a random moment.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post