well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What Piano*Son is up to ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Piano*Son is up to ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12496 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
That's very cool!

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15505 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Impressed

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25675 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18312 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12496 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arya Udry, a professor of geology at UNLV who studies Martian meteorites

Talk about sub-specialties ...

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Science in the age of Covid...

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Good for him!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
In case it wasn't clear, that is P*S in the foreground, and his advisor talking to him in the background.

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Cool

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
So cool! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34833 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. How is his piano plating progressing? Didn’t he play Schumann’s Davidsbundlertanze a while back?

Posts: 9596 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
He played Faschingsschwank, not Davidsbundlertanze (aren't those mouthfuls ...).

Alas, he isn't playing at all. No real access to a piano, and no great interest in making the time. He may get his French Horn out soon, but it needs a tune up.

The foundations are there. He can go back to the piano at any time.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Did you all watch the Emirates Mars Mission launch a few weeks ago? That was pretty cool. You could stream it from a variety of different feeds, including one in English.

The mission was an international cooperative (most are, really), the launch was from a Japanese island. The announcers made a really big deal out of the fact that the countdown sequence was going to be done in Arabic, the first ever. So you heard the English announcers, the cutaway to the Arabic countdown, then the cutover to Japanese mission control providing specs and comments on the post-launch sequences.

The nerd in my absolutely loved it. Smiler

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post