Tools

Ooops
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12519 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wow.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20430 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Ha-ha!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13791 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Prejudice. We haz it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Prejudice. We ALL haz it.

FIFY.

Posts: 45729 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Notions of White Privilege, as sexy are they are on campus and among the cognitive elites in sociology and various --studies disciplines, is one of the toxic ideas that could keep Democrats from connecting with the broad center of American politics. As wielded by that CNN reporter, the notion isn't a nuanced idea about advantage, it's an ad hominem cudgel to silence thoughtful opponents. Her apology was almost surreal.

Posts: 12519 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the idea that "your opinion isn't worth as much as mine, because you are the beneficiary of white/male privilege" is both incredibly stupid and simultaneously self-defeating.

The very people who objected when others told them to shut up because their opinion was worthless are now saying the same thing. It's almost as if they don't remember how it felt.

Posts: 45729 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Or they feel it's appropriate payback. One of the things that I've witnessed are "listening meetings," where a certain group invites everyone who isn't part of that group into a meeting where they must sit and listen to the group berate them. They are, quite simply, not allowed to talk. It's a ground rule. Attendance at some of these has been mandatory. I don't understand how this will help foster community and understanding.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Prejudice. We ALL haz it.

FIFY.
Fix accepted.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
One of the things that I've witnessed are "listening meetings," where a certain group invites everyone who isn't part of that group into a meeting where they must sit and listen to the group berate them.

Why would anyone go to a meeting like that? Confused

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34877 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
There’s a pretty significant segment of the left that no longer supports King’s vision. They want a racialized society just with a different valence.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
One of the things that I've witnessed are "listening meetings," where a certain group invites everyone who isn't part of that group into a meeting where they must sit and listen to the group berate them.

Why would anyone go to a meeting like that? Confused

To show their contrition and their woke-ness. Affirmation of guilt is part of forgiveness. And the confession of guilt must be given publicly as part of a ceremony.

Why do penitents flagellate themselves? I suspect the answer to that question would shed at least a little bit of light on why people from the out group would attend these sessions. The religious link is not an accident.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's mandatory. As to the decision to make it mandatory, I think P*D is right.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I’m busy that day. In fact I’m busy that whole year.

I have no time for this level of stupid.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34877 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Alas, this is a substantial feature of the contemporary progressive left. And this is why Democrats in power will be more riven than the GOP is today. Many centrist Democrats will simply not abide the woke left's attitudes. It's less important now, when there is a common enemy. But let the Democrats win all the marbles and the internal divisions will become huge. Mitch will likely still be there to play upon those divisions.